Mar 28th, 2024, 4:23pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: VSPK - problem with adding ports  (Read 1933 times)
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
VSPK - problem with adding ports
« on: Feb 21st, 2023, 6:45am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi everyone, since yesterday I have a problem with adding virtual ports in VSPK. When I create a new pair of ports, there is no tab in the device manager (COM ports) but you can see them in the other devices tab with different port numbers and an exclamation mark. Ports do not work. 3 years ago I had the same problem. Then Sergey Jarowsky connected remotely and restored the ports to proper operation. I don't know exactly what he did but it was a Fabula Tech driver issue. I would like to quickly install new ports so that I can continue working with my amateur shortwave radio software.
Regards,
Slawomir
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: VSPK - problem with adding ports
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2023, 12:13pm »

Hi,

Test the following solution.
Open Device Manager, open Other devices, right click on FabulaTech_VirtualPort_xx, Update driver, select  
C:\Windows\System32\ftvsport.inf.  
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2023, 1:43pm »

OK, It worked. Thank you very much.
Best Regards.
Slawomir
IP Logged
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21st, 2023, 3:56pm »

Hi Sergey,
Not quite adding ports works well. I install the driver on the ports in the other tab and they jump into their place in the device manager. But I have a Flexradio transceiver and Fabulatech virtual ports are added in the software because these ports are licensed there. When I add them in Flexradio, I have information that it is impossible to add a port. It is created in the device manager in others and I have to restore the driver. In the CAT program for Flexradio, you can't see the added Flexradio ports, but when I add third-party ports that appear in the device manager, then they add without any problem. Advice what to do in this case. Could you connect with me on TV?
Slawomir
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2023, 4:15pm »

Hi,

What version of VSPK you are using in Flexradio?
Delete all VSPK virtual ports in Flexradio app, install our latest VSPK release, create a pair of ports in VSPK, try to reproduce the issue.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21st, 2023, 4:37pm »

Hi Sergey,
I don't know how is VSPK version in Flex. I can't remove all ports because they are not visible in CAT. Flex uses FlexVSPInstaller_64MSI. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it as recommended by FlexRadio. It didn't do anything. The problem seems to be in WIN10. Flex Cat installs everyone else. virtual port outside Fabula.
Can we arrange a TV? very important to me.
Slawomir
IP Logged
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21st, 2023, 4:42pm »

Hi Sergey,
Flex uses version 5.8 of the VSP
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22nd, 2023, 10:00am »

Hi,

1) We don't support the customized versions of our products. Please contact Support Team of Flexradio.
2) To make sure Flexradio uses the API and dlls from VSPK version 5.8, let me know the version of:
- FabulaTech Virtual Serial Port Kit service
- C:\Windows\System32\ftvsport.sys
- C:\Windows\System32\ftvspenum.sys
3) I would advise you to remove all virtual ports in Flexradio, uninstall Flexradio, reboot PC, install 5.8 VSPK release (https://www.fabulatech.com/virtual-serial-port-kit-download.html#tab_vspk-win-current),
try to reproduce the issue, contact me via email for the further troubleshooting if any.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23rd, 2023, 1:53pm »

Hi Sergey,
yesterday I was experimenting with drivers for a long time until a blue screen appeared. After a few hours I managed to restore the FlexRadio drivers and now the ports are added in the SmartSDR application. The conclusion is that FlexVSP cannot exist together with Fabulatech drivers in WSPK. It's a pity, but I have no choice but not to use VSPK. I have to find another solution.
Thank you for your cooperation and best regards,
Slawomir
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23rd, 2023, 3:09pm »

Hi Slawomir,

I don't know what do you mean by "The conclusion is that FlexVSP cannot exist together with Fabulatech drivers in WSPK".
Both FlexRadio and VSPK product use VSPK API and drivers (I hope the version matches because you wrote "Flex uses version 5.8 of the VSP"), but the programming code to use the API is different. I suggested you to contact FlexRadio and submit a support request (because we don't directly support the customers of our oem customer) or test VSPK (in this case we are glad to assist you).
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
qst
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24th, 2023, 9:19am »

Hi Sergey,
Thank you for your answer,
still can't solve my splitter problem. I will explain in detail what I want to do.
1. I have an amateur SDR transceiver which. works only with software under WIN. For the radio I have physical external devices controlled via RS 232 connected with a cable. We do not deal with this because it works. These devices are the antenna transmatch controller and the power amplifier. These devices occupy ports 9 and 10 which are supported by the MOXA card.
2. In addition, I use the Turbolog communication logging program and the ELAD TM-2 console. They are controlled by two pairs of ports (13-14 and 15-16).
3. The Thetis radio program has 4 CAT tabs where physical and virtual ports are assigned to devices and programs cooperating with the radio station. My problem is that I need one more virtual port cooperating with the radio station, but I cannot add another pair. because there are only 4 CAT tabs in the program and if I add the next pair, I have no way to assign the next ports to the radio software.
4. Does the Virtual Serial Port Kit and Splitter  have the ability to redirect from one virtual port entered in the CAT tab to two incy instead of one of the created pair? I made a splitter from the physical port but it does not work. I am asking you for help. I wish you a nice day.
Slawomir sp6dlo
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24th, 2023, 12:13pm »

Let's try to understand your scheme:
1) you have a amateur SDR transceiver with 6 physical serial ports:
- com9 for antenna transmatch controller;
- com10 for power amplifier;
- com13 and com14 for Turbolog communication logging program;
- com15 and com16 for ELAD TM-2 console.
2) all the necessary ports are assigned in the 4 CAT tabs of the Thetis radio program;
3) you need one additional port to communicate with radio station.

I would advise you to share the necessary port (that is assigned in Thetis app) by Serial Port Splitter:
https://www.fabulatech.com/serial-port-splitter-help/serial-port-sharing.html

Once again regarding Virtual Serial Port Kit. With help of this product you can:
https://www.fabulatech.com/virtual-serial-port-kit-help/
- create a pair of virtual serial ports (null-modem connection);
- create a loopback virtual port
I don't see any scheme to use VSPK to interact with physical/virtual ports.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.