Apr 26th, 2024, 6:25am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dell Wyse thin clients compatible?  (Read 4358 times)
mshelburne
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Dell Wyse thin clients compatible?
« on: Aug 1st, 2014, 2:38pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi all,

One of my clients are currently looking to transition to thin-clients to replace some of their older workstations. Most of these workstations use external devices such as printers, ID scanners, and some other peripherals.  

I can get the printers working fine as there's an actual option for them so no problem there. When I get to the card scanner is where I'm having issues. Apparently no one thinks it can be supported which seems just ridiculous to me. We've contacted the manufacture of the scanner and Dell but no one gives us a straight answer.  

So one of our vendors found this site and passed it on. When I go to the thin clients page on this site it has the WYSE logo but I found in a thread someone from support saying they didn't support Wyse. Which is it? Kind of misleading when you showcase it as a selling point on your site.

I haven't tried the trial yet because if I waste time testing when it wasn't going to work all along then my client's going to be upset because obviously I have to charge them for my time.

If anyone has any experience, please share.  

Once again, they are Dell WYSE DT10 models running a type of Linux based OS.

Thanks!
IP Logged
Julia_Spee
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Dell Wyse thin clients compatible?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2014, 8:54am »

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, Dell Wyse is closed operation system and you can't install our products there. But as it is based on Linux our product have to work properly.
As you're their client, you can ask them to create a custom firmware with our product embedded. This will be very helpful, because we received many requests from Wyse's users.
We're ready to work together with you, because we're very interested in satisfying our clients and we have success with other manufacturers of thin clients with embedding our products into their operation systems.
Please contact us to sales@fabulatech.com for further work upon this question.
IP Logged
mshelburne
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2014, 11:10am »

Could you give me a Thin Client model the software does work with?
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11th, 2014, 2:46am »

You can use any Igel thin clients (https://www.igel.com/) or thin clients from Stratodesk (http://www.stratodesk.com/) for your purpose.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.