Mar 29th, 2024, 7:29am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Camera with hardware snapshot button  (Read 2961 times)
gmeaker
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Camera with hardware snapshot button
« on: Jul 26th, 2019, 6:54am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi,

The problem I'm trying to solve is a way to remotely connect our specialized USB connected camera (used for dental purposes) from a local PC to remote Citrix VDI desktop.  

The camera is connected to the local PC in the same way as you would a normal webcam and allows video to be streamed to the application we use. The issue I'm facing is the camera has a hardware snapshot button that is used to signal to the software that an image needs to be captured from the video stream.  

The Webcam for Remote Desktop works well and achieves a good framerate and quality over our network (the camera works at 640x480 @ 30fps @ 24bit colour), but it does not support the hardware snapshot button from what I can see.

I also tried using the USB over network solution and this allows the camera to connected as a USB device within the VDI desktop and the software connects to the camera using native drivers and the snapshot button works, but unfortunately video quality is poor as the solution is not designed specifically for webcam streaming.

Do you have any suggestions for solving this issue?

Thanks,
Gareth
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Camera with hardware snapshot button
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26th, 2019, 8:41am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the interest in our product.
No, sorry. We don't have a solution with required feature for you.
Yes, you are right. There is no data compression in case of USB over Network and there is no redirection of the button functionality in case of Webcam for Remote Desktop.
We'll research the possibility to implement this feature into our product.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.