Mar 29th, 2024, 1:52pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Installation on webcam for remote desktop  (Read 7234 times)
mumu
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Installation on webcam for remote desktop
« on: Jun 12th, 2012, 11:20pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi, I just downloaded your free trial workstation on my laptop and installed it. after that I cannot find your software icon on the tray/desktop/start menu.  
I did find a fold on C:\Program Files\WebCam for Remote Desktop (Workstation), that is my default installation folder, but I cannot see any exe file in this folder, so I want to know how can i start with your softwareHuh

I have win 7 OS
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Installation on webcam for remote desktop
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13th, 2012, 1:31am »

Hello,

As you know our software consist of two parts - Workstation and Server. Workstation part doesn`t have a graphic shell also it starts automatically every time you turn on your computer. To make sure that it is running you can check two services on your computer - "FabulaTech WebCam Service" and "FabulaTech NetLink Supervisor Service".

Server part has a GUI. You will see it in the tray menu. If in Remote Desktop Session it is colored it means connection between server and workstation part is established.
IP Logged
mumu
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13th, 2012, 11:29pm »

ok I figure out how to run it, thank you! One more thing, Does your software support TeamViewer remote session?
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2012, 11:40pm by mumu » IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14th, 2012, 1:58am »

Yes, sometimes we use TeamViewer for remote assistance. Do you wish to arrange a remote session?
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2012, 1:58am by Serge Frost » IP Logged
mumu
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14th, 2012, 9:15pm »

Sorry for your misunderstanding, what I mean is if your "web for remote desktop" kit working on Teamviewer or Logmein remote access software? My icon on the tray is gray, when I was using TeamViewer or Logmein to setup your "web for remote desktop" kit...
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #5 on: Jun 15th, 2012, 4:02am »

Please take my apologies. I was to inattentive.  

We have never tested our software with LogMeIn but with TeamViewer it works. Not perfect, but works.

Grey Icon in tray means that there is no connection between Server and Workstation parts of our software. If you click on it with right mouse button you won`t see the list of your physical webcams connected

1. At first try to restart the remote session / reboot the computer; You can check our software with simple applications. For example Microsoft AmCap or Skype.

2.  If problem persists check the services. All the services that start with "FabulaTech ---- " should be running on both sides.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.