We have setup Windows 8 with the 2.0 version of Webcam for RDP. The Webcam works with Skype but does not work with Lync 2013. Lync gives the error "We didn't detect a camera. We have tried both the Click to Run and MSI versions in both 32 and 64 bit with the same issue. We are upgrading our existing solution to Windows 8 with Lync 2013 as this is required by our customer and would appreciate a quick resolution to this issue.
1. What OS is installed on the computer where "WebCam for Remote Desktop(server)" is installed?
2. Have you tried to play the video with any other software? (skype, yahoo messenger etc.) If not please try with this program:
ftp://castle.colonet.net/upload/amcap.exe
3. Have you updated your Windows 7 computers to Windows 8 automatically? I need to know was it a "clean" installation with formatting the HDD or upgrade from one OS to another. In case if it was upgraded try to reinstall "WebCam for Remote Desktop".
Do you have Lync 2013 installed and configured on other operating systems? Did you test our WebCam for Remote Desktop there? I need to figure out was this issue caused by Lync App. or maybe our software doesn`t work correctly with Windows 8.
When I tried to run Lync 2013 on Windows 7 with Webcam for RDP 2.0 Lync crashes on startup. If I uninstall Webcam for RDP then Lync opens fine. I have sent the crash logs to support@fabulatech.com.
I have to admit we did not test our software with the latest MS Lync yet. I will try to reproduce the issue you encountered. Meanwhile please do the following:
1. On the computer where WebCam for Remote Desktop(Server) is installed; 2. Go to the registry editor:
3. Set "LogLevel" parameter`s value to "4" in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FabulaTech\WebCam for Remote Desktop\LogLevel
if you 32-bit computer. And in both:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FabulaTech\WebCam for Remote Desktop\LogLevel
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FabulaTech\WebCam for Remote Desktop\LogLevel
if you have 64-bit computer.
4.Restart the remote session. 5. Try to reproduce the issue once again; 6. In "c:\users\%USER_NAME%\AppData\Local\WebCam for Remote Desktop" you will find log files:
Any update on this? I have FabulaTech webcam working in Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit in Windows Live Messenger and GotoMeeting, but it is _not_ working in Lync 2013, it just comes up saying "We didn't detect a camera". Using version 2.0.
I found a work around until you are getting it to work with Lync client 2013.
Server setup: On our Lync 2013 server in the "Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Control Panel" under "Client Version Policy" I approved the "User agent" (OC 4.0.7577.4103).
Client setup: Installed Lync 2010, it still wasn't working, so I ran windows Update and found 2 updates for the Lync client and after that I worked.