Apr 25th, 2024, 1:23pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Server Permissions/Configuration for XenApp  (Read 3287 times)
cschroeder
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Server Permissions/Configuration for XenApp
« on: Jun 29th, 2017, 4:59pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Trying to get a successful connection across a seamless app published through XenApp.

Configuration:
  Server VDA: Windows2012R2, USB for Remote Desktop 5.2.1 x64
  Client: Windows 7, USB for Remote Desktop 5.2.1 x64
  Protocol: ICA

The client command line utility shows 'Connected' status when the seamless app is running. However, the seamless window's context menu only shows the 'USB for Remote Desktop' option once in a while. Usually not there. When it is there, selecting the USB device does nothing. On the server side the admin tells me that my session and device are visible through the USB for Remote Desktop admin util. However, there is no recognition of any connection within the application. This scenario worked in a sandbox where I had full permission in both the client and the server - the more realistic scenario is that I am just a regular user without admin permissions on the client and only have permissions to what I need to use (the app published through XenApp) on the server side. Is there any special XenApp configuration or XenApp/server permissions required to get USB for Remote Desktop working in seamless mode?

Much appreciated!

-Chad
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Server Permissions/Configuration for XenApp
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30th, 2017, 11:45am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi Chad,

I have a solution for you. You can get the access to USB for Remote Desktop (server) GUI with help of right click on the title bar of your published app.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.