Apr 18th, 2024, 2:14pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2 issues: worked once, but not after - select mic  (Read 5941 times)
user392382
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
2 issues: worked once, but not after - select mic
« on: Mar 7th, 2012, 4:22pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi!  

I just downloaded a trial of your software.
I need to find out if it is suitable for speech recognition over remote. A client of mine has requested this feature and I'm trying to make it work.

For testing, I have installed the server on my Win 7 Ultimate machine and the Workstation on a Laptop (Home Premium) - both 64 Bit.

When I first connected, the server did actually record the sound. But not from my high quality USB microphone, that is plugged into my laptop, but from the built-in microphone.

I have changed the audio input device to my USB microphone, but since doing that the service has stopped working. I can't seem to get it to work again.

Are there any settings that I need to change under Remote Desktop settings? If so, do I have to change the settings on my host or my remote machine?

Can I direct your software to select a certain microphone for audio input? Or does it do so automatically?

Thanks,
User
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2012, 4:23pm by user392382 » IP Logged
user392382
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: 2 issues: worked once, but not after - select
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2012, 4:35pm »

In case you need to know:

Whenever I select any other than the default mic, the sound recording devices and sound recorder look like this on the Server:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5994/screen2fmi.png
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9168/screen3kj.png
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2012, 4:40pm by user392382 » IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #2 on: Mar 9th, 2012, 7:26am »

Good day!

Our software uses microphone that is selected by default on your computer where Sound for RDP is installed.

To configure our program properly please do the following. Start the new RDP session. Choose options and look for "Local resources" tab. In Remote Audio Settings select "leave sound at remote computer\Play sound on remote computer" and "Do not record" setting for microphone.  

Please note there may be some problems with USB headsets but our developers are already working on this issue and soon it will be fixed.  

IP Logged
user392382
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Mar 9th, 2012, 6:21pm »

on Mar 9th, 2012, 7:26am, Serge Frost wrote:
Good day!

Our software uses microphone that is selected by default on your computer where Sound for RDP is installed.

To configure our program properly please do the following. Start the new RDP session. Choose options and look for "Local resources" tab. In Remote Audio Settings select "leave sound at remote computer\Play sound on remote computer" and "Do not record" setting for microphone.  

Please note there may be some problems with USB headsets but our developers are already working on this issue and soon it will be fixed.  

Good day, Serge

Thanks for your insights. My USB mike was the default audio device - for sure - so this should not have been an issue.  I am sure your software turned the built-in microphone into the default one.

I'll keep an eye on your app!
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2012, 3:57am »

Hello!

We were trying to reproduce this kind of problem in our test lab but didn't achieve much success.That is why we need to specify some additional details. Please answer the following questions:

1. What Sound Card do you have? (mark name, brand name);
2. What application do you use to record the sound? (program name, version);
3. What microphones do you use? (mark names, brand names);
4. Do you have any additional software that works via RDP?  
5. Do you use any third-party drivers for sound devices?  

Please, describe us in details what exactly was happening when the program failed. It would be very helpful if you provide us with screenshots of the error.

Thank you.
IP Logged
user392382
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13th, 2012, 4:09pm »

Hello and thank you!

Here are the answers to your questions:

[quote]1. What Sound Card do you have? (mark name, brand name); [/quote]
I use a USB microphone by Sennheiser (PC 36 USB) which brings it's own sound card in the USB adapter.

[quote]2. What application do you use to record the sound? (program name, version); [/quote]
I use the sound recorder under Windows 7 64-bit ultimate edition (built-in Microsoft tool, best for quick audio testing).

[quote]3. What microphones do you use? (mark names, brand names); [/quote]
See above

[quote]4. Do you have any additional software that works via RDP? [/quote]
no, I only use the remote desktop client that is built into Windows 7. I don't use any other tools or plug-ins for remote desktop protocol.

[quote]5. Do you use any third-party drivers for sound devices? [/quote]
I don't use any other drivers for sound devices (although some may be built into my HP notebook).
There's the IDT High Definition Audio Codec. I guess that's the one for my notebook.
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3651/20120313211243.png

[quote]
Please, describe us in details what exactly was happening when the program failed. It would be very helpful if you provide us with screenshots of the error.
[/quote]

Nothing really happened. I've installed the server part on the remote Computer and the Workstation part on the client.  I connected. It worked, though with the built-in microphone.  

Then I switched microphones, and since then it does not work anymore.

I have also tried installing the workstation part of your software on a plain-vanilla Windows 7 (no preinstalled programs whatsoever). It doesn't work, I get the same picture that is attached in my second post (recording and playback devices with maximum microphone levels).

Now I can't even get it to work with the built-in microphone anymore.
There may be something wrong on the server side but fixing that is out of the question.  

I may need to install the server on another PC for testing.
I suppose I need to completely uninstall and reinstall it but I don't have time for it right now. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks, good bye
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2012, 3:14am »

Greetings!

Please do the following to troubleshoot the issue:

1.At the computer where Sound for RDP(server) is installed open the task manager.
2. Check "View Processes from all users". Look for ftusrv.exe process. Terminate it.
3. Restart RDP session.
4. And start ftusrv.exe again.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.