I have a windows 7 desktop virtual machine on hyper-v that I am trying to connect from a windows 8.1 laptop. I have installed both components (workstation and server) but even though I see the fabulatech mic and speakers, the sound looks like it is maxed when looking at the sound devices on the server but I get no sound and no microphone to the windows 7 server machine. Please provide some guidance.
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: Sound not working and bars peaked Reply #1 on: Jul 23rd, 2015, 1:17am
Sound over RDP workstation 2.9.5 is the version I'm using
Actually I'm not sure. I had just downloaded it yesterday. Today when I try to download and install it again I get the error: "The operating system is not supported by this version" I don't know if that is real or a bogus error because it is already installed
Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2015, 1:20pm by gward
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: Sound not working and bars peaked Reply #6 on: Jul 24th, 2015, 4:11am
Hi ! I think that the cause of problem is that there was no Sound over RDP (workstation) on your Windows 8.1 PC. This version (2.9.5) isn't intended for using on this OS. I'll send you the 2.9.6 version of Sound over RDP via email. Don't forget to uninstall the old version 2.9.5 on your server side.