Apr 26th, 2024, 1:06am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: OEM Serial Port Redirector for 32-bit Target  (Read 2813 times)
dcole
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
OEM Serial Port Redirector for 32-bit Target
« on: Mar 3rd, 2021, 12:23am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello, this is concerning OEM Serial Port Redirector for 32-bit Target.  

I need to support both 32-bit (Win7 32) and 64-bit (Win7 64 and Win10) targets. The 64-bit Setup I created works great. The 32-bit does not. The only difference between my two builds is the inclusion of SPRcore-x86.msm versus SPRcore-x64.msm. Otherwise the source code, outputs, etc are identical. My Visual Studio Project Configuration Manager active solution platform is set to Any CPU, although I have tried building Setup-32 as x86 platform only, with the same results.  

What happens is: when I install the 32-bit .msi on a Win7 32 machine, it appears to install correctly in its designated program directory. I can navigate to the install folder, double-click the application and it appears to start. But, I can't see it. No GUI. It isn't running in an off-screen window (checked that). I can see it in the Task Manager. I can go to Administrative Services and Stop / Start the Service. I just cannot see the GUI so I can't do anything with it.

My question is, have your developers tested the 32-bit Setup on Windows 7, 32-bit, and is it a supported platform? Have they ever seen this problem before, where the application appears to install and execute, but the GUI is not visible? Any insights would be appreciated.

Regards,
Debi  

IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: OEM Serial Port Redirector for 32-bit Target
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2021, 1:11pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi Debi,

I have sent you an email. Please reply.