I am trying to access a Kinect sensor connected to a remote computer. I installed the USB over network beta version in both pc. I installed Kinect sdk on the client pc. When I connect Kinect in the server side the drivers started correctly on the client side, if I open device manager I can see the 3 Kinect device : audio, camera and device. It looks like correct but when I try to run Kinect applications (for example the samples inside sdk) the Kinect sensor is not detected. Both computer have Windows 7 sp1 I wonder wether Fabulatech sw is compatible with Kinect ? Did you think that the actual beta version could be arranged to support Kinect sensor too ? Any answer will be very appreciated
Unfortunately we have not tested our solution with Microsoft Kinect. You are more then welcome to try out the beta version, your feedback is highly appreciated.
Please send us the following to support@fabulatech.com so we can investigate the issue: - The system information of both PC's where USB over Network (Server and Client) is installed. To get system information file you need to do the following: Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information File -> Save. - The USB over Network log files. Please look for the logs in %systemroot%\system32 folder (or if your PC is x64 then in %systemroot%\syswow64). The log file names should be: ftusbsrv.log - for USB over Network Server ftusbsrvc.log - for USB over Network Client - Screenshots of the issue from both the server and client PC
2012.09.14 18:46:28 [1304] [4060] [ERROR]: Creating Usb Api for device with SymLink(FABULATECH#USBDEV#4EEECF3AUSB-VID_045E-PID_02AD#{181E8159-044D-40AA-BC7D-3B5196129A10}) failed 2012.09.14 18:46:31 [1304] [4060] [ERROR]: CreateFile for device "\\.\FABULATECH#USBDEV#4EEECF3AUSB-VID_045E-PID_02AD#{181E8159-044D-40AA-BC7D-3B5196129A10}" failed! Error 2: Can not find the file specified. 2012.09.14 18:46:31 [1304] [4060] [ERROR]: Initialization of USB api for device with symlink FABULATECH#USBDEV#4EEECF3AUSB-VID_045E-PID_02AD#{181E8159-044D-40AA-BC7D-3B5196129A10}. Event handle(0) 2012.09.14 18:46:31 [1304] [4060] [ERROR]: Creating Usb Api for device with SymLink(FABULATECH#USBDEV#4EEECF3AUSB-VID_045E-PID_02AD#{181E8159-044D-40AA-BC7D-3B5196129A10}) failed
Very soon we will release "USB over Network version 5.0". This version will be compatible with Microsoft Kinect devices.
This is really a great news ! Thaks a lot to have considered that enhancement. I am excited to test it. If you need beta tester please, don't hesitate to contact me !