Apr 18th, 2024, 8:06pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not working for our application  (Read 5020 times)
James
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Not working for our application
« on: Jul 27th, 2012, 9:20am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi Guys,

We have an application that uses the webcam to take photos.  When we connect to the RDP session the device is successfully connected as indicated by the system tray icon, and I can see the device on the list when I right click the Icon.  However when I try to use the application it does not detect that there is a webcam available.

The device does not appear in the Scanners and Cameras section which is puzzling.

The RDP server is running server 2003 and the workstaion is running windows XP.
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Not working for our application
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2012, 2:15am »

Greetings,  

What application do you use to take photos? Perhaps your app doesn`t support DirectShow technology that our product uses to transfer video stream. I can provide you with the latest version of WebCam for Remote Desktop v.2.0. It`s not released officially yet. New version supports new protocol - Video for Windows(VFW).To install it at first uninstall current version from your computers, reboot them both and install version 2.0. I will send you the link for downloading via private messages here on forum.  

Also please check this application with our product:
ftp://castle.colonet.net/upload/amcap.exe

IP Logged
ScottD
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2012, 10:28am »

I am glad to hear you guys have a new version on the way. I have a client with a quite old legacy app that will probably work with a VFW stream. It does not like the current DirectShow stream -- we get to pick the camera, but never see a picture.

I tested the application you linked, and it did work, so I feel like we are so close to a solution.

Any chance that I can get a test of the new version?  I will be glad to give a full report. Currently, we have a demo of the current version, and are in a hurry to get licenses to connect several of our remote clinics' webcams.

Thanks!
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2012, 2:19am »

Hi Scott,

Check your mail box.

IP Logged
luckycnd
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2012, 11:08pm »

We have the same problem
We have download your program and it is working
We develop with windev (www.windev.com) and in our application it is not working
Can you send us the version 2 ?
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31st, 2012, 4:27am »

Hi,

I will send you the link to your email. Please note our application transfers only video stream, it doesn`t create a virtual copy of the device on the remote side. Perhaps your app searches for the device in the Device Manager to start play video.

Also I`m glad to inform you that soon version 2.0 (linux and windows) will be released officially and it will be compatible with Citrix XenApp.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.