Apr 18th, 2024, 12:30pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Virtual Modem - Fax Enabled ?  (Read 6089 times)
John_Zawadzki
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Virtual Modem - Fax Enabled ?
« on: Oct 9th, 2010, 7:22pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I would like to enquire if the latest build of Virtual Modem (v2.1.1 dated 27 Apr 09) has fax capabilities. If so, with which Fax protocol Class is it compliant with, Class 1, Class 2, Class 2.0, or Class 2.1 ?

It matters whether it is a Class 1 or Class 2/2.0/2.1 compliant fax emulator, as a Class 2/2.0/2.1 modem is much better suited to a multitasking PC environment, by virtue of it building the fax frames, preventing the unwanted occurrence of timing issues between the fax modem and fax software, resulting in aborted faxes, as is the case with a Class 1 fax modem.

I appreciate that this question has been asked previously, over four years ago in fact, but I understand that Andrew (FabulaTech Forum Moderator & Forum Senior Member) stated then that the ability to fax would be made in future versions of Virtual Modem.

I therefore would have thought after 4 years, Virtual Modem would have fax capability, although there appears to be no mention of it at http://www.fabulatech.com/virtual-modem.html
IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
Re: Virtual Modem - Fax Enabled ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2010, 7:59am »

version 2.0
26/09/2008
 - Support of sending/receiving faxes added.
 - Address book long names issue fixed.

Virtual modem sends data via LAN and never to a hardware device, so it doesn't need any frames, timing etc. So class 1 is enough.

Maybe you need some specific functionality from class 2? If so, please specify.

Please write to support@fabulatech.com
IP Logged
John_Zawadzki
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15th, 2010, 1:02pm »

Thanks George for your reply.

OK that's good v2+ can fax.

on Oct 12th, 2010, 7:59am, George_White wrote:
Virtual modem sends data via LAN and never to a hardware device, so it doesn't need any frames, timing etc. So class 1 is enough.

Yes, I thought so. It seems class 1 compliancy is adequate.

I believe it would be helpful if your site gave a build history with corresponding new features and bug fixes for your products, allowing potential customers, such as myself, to identify key feature updates within your products, prior to testing out evaluation versions.

I'll test Virtual Modem shortly to see if it meets our needs.
IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20th, 2010, 7:38am »

John,  

The new features and improvements since the last release are usually listed in the 'news' section on our website.
But anyways, I've told about your suggestion to our management, so maybe they'll add complete change logs on our website.

Please don't forget to let us know your test results.

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.