Mar 28th, 2024, 3:39pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Problems Connecting Shipping Scale  (Read 3817 times)
cwillis
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
Problems Connecting Shipping Scale
« on: Nov 7th, 2019, 9:07pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I am having problems getting our Fairbanks SCB-R9000-14U scale working with USB for Remote Desktop.    The Fairbanks scales isn't showing up in the list of connected devices in the Administrative Utility. I also have 2 Zebra thermal printers which are working properly with USB for Remote Desktop.

I am connecting with RDP. The server is a Windows 10 ver 1803 VM, and the client is a Igel UD3 thin client running firmware 10.06.110.01.    I am using version 5.2.3.1 of USB for Remote Destktop.

On the Igel thin client i have Fabulatech USB Redirection enabled and the default run set to "allow".  I have no other class or device rules set up.    The scale is recognized by the Igel thin client, as it shows up under the hardware inventory menu with the proper product description, manufacturers, vendor ID, and Product ID.

I have also tried installing the USB for Remote Desktop software on a Windows 10 laptop then connecting to the same Windows 10 VM server with the scale connected to the laptop.  I have the same result: the scale doesnt show up in the Administrative Utility on the Windows 10 VM.

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2019, 2:47pm by cwillis » IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Problems Connecting Shipping Scale
« Reply #1 on: Nov 8th, 2019, 9:13am »

Hi,

Please do the following on Igel TC:
- launch terminal;
- go to /usr/bin/ folder in it;
- execute the following command:
./ftusbrdpd list
- if the status of your usb device is unshared then share it with help of the following command:
./ftusbrdpd share <device_ID>
- run RDP session again, activate this device in the server GUI, install the device driver and try to use it there.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2019, 9:14am by Sergey_Jarovski » IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
cwillis
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
« Reply #2 on: Nov 8th, 2019, 3:32pm »

Thank you for the quick reply.  I was able to get the scale working in my rdp session using the process you provided, but there are a couple of major problems with this.  

First, if i reboot the thin client then the scale becomes unshared again, even if it has the same device id.  Second, if i unplug the scale from usb and plug it back in, even to the same port, it is given a new device id and is not longer shared.

Also, i wanted to mention that the command on Igel firmware version 10.06.110.01 is now "ftusbrdpctl" and not "ftusbrdpd".

Any ideas on how to at least solve the first issue of having to share the scale every time the thin client is power cycled?
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Nov 8th, 2019, 4:50pm »

Hi again,

Sorry. That was a typo. You are right, ./ftusbrdpctl.
You must create the rule for your device here:
Setup - Configuration - Sessions - RDP - RDP Global - FabulaTech USB Redirection.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
cwillis
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   Email       
« Reply #4 on: Nov 8th, 2019, 6:01pm »

I created the rule and everything is working perfectly now.  Thank you for all of the help.    

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.