Mar 28th, 2024, 7:13pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Igel UD3 and Hitachi Biometric Scanner - Citrix  (Read 3361 times)
maverix123
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Igel UD3 and Hitachi Biometric Scanner - Citrix
« on: Aug 7th, 2019, 2:52pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I have a Hitachi Biometric Scanner  that is in effect a multi function device. It is both a biometric scanner and a smartcart reader.

This device is attached to a linux based Igel UD3 but the reader element fails to pass through to a Citrix session even when I added a Vid & Pid for the smartcard element. (The actual scanner passes through with no issues using the fabulatech USB pass through)

Where it seems to go wrong is that the Gemalto software cannot contact the Biometric card reader. (yellow exclamation mark) and although  the reader is present in Device Manager  as a “Software Device”, it doesn’t install as the native ”smart card reader” bit which I’m sure is the crux of the problem and as a result the biometric reader doesn’t power up.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that I have taken

1. On a clean windows 10 machine, I plugged in the reader and it showed up as an unknown smartcard reader (no light on reader)
2. Installed the Biometric drivers from Hitachi and rebooted. Driver installed on local windows as “Microsoft USBccid Smartcard Reader (WUDF)”, (light activated on reader)
3. Started a Citrix Session. Device Manager shows no smart card reader but shows the Hitachi Biometric Device as a Software Device (There is no difference between what shows in device manager on a windows session or igel session)
4. Biometric Card reader successfully tested on the Citrix session using Windows  

This seems to rule out Citrix as the reader works within a Citrix session when drivers are installed locally onto a Windows box. It would seem that some sort of drivers need to be installed within the Igel environment to make this work as when we plug the device into the Igel, the card reader does not light up as it does when plugging it into a windows environment.

When using the USB for Remote Desktop software on the Citrix backend, the scanner shows up within the software but the light still does not activate which seems to suggest that some Linux drivers are needed on the IGEL

Can anyone either confirm this or give me a few pointers please?
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Igel UD3 and Hitachi Biometric Scanner - Citri
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2019, 3:15pm »

Hi,

What do you mean by "even when I added a Vid & Pid for the smartcard element"?

Please run the following test:
1) plug your MFU into Win10 PC, install the device driver there and test the functionality of biometrics and smartcard reader locally;
2) run ICA session from Igel TC to Win10 PC;
3) test the functionality of biometrics and smartcard reader on the remote side within ICA session.
Send me your test results after that.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
maverix123
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2019, 3:23pm »

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have tested Citrix passthrough via Windows and it works fine. It just doesn't work through the Linux based Igels. (The light on the Biometric reader doesn't come on when it is plugged into the IGEL)
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2019, 8:28am »

Hi again,

Please run the requested test and let me know the result.
IP Logged

Sergey Jarovski

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.