Mar 29th, 2024, 9:53am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Device redirected but not working  (Read 4199 times)
marvio
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Device redirected but not working
« on: Jul 7th, 2010, 10:54am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Just downloaded the trial version of your software yesterday, I'm trying to find a solution for a client of mine.
It's a dental practice which is opening a remote site in which they will be using RDP. Problem is with the digital X-ray sensors, they are not much more then fancy scanners, really, Xray's are shot from the tube, the crystal inside the sensors stops them and then a screen behind it captures it (all inside the tiny device which fits into your mouth).  
The device gets redirected just fine, I can open the software's control panel and see that it recgonizes it, and it says "connected". But the first sign of problem is that the firmware doesn't get downloaded/uploaded, there's a little system tray icon that each time you connect the device locally it reads it and gives off a message "uploading/downloading" firmware. I tried to use the device anyway but no go, the Xray software doesn't see it.
Anything I can try?

PS> TS is a 2008 standard and local machine XP sp3, eventually TS is going to be 2003 standard (just using my company's TS to test this out)

PS2> Just tried on the 2003 server with same results
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2010, 11:51am by marvio » IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
Re: Device redirected but not working
« Reply #1 on: Jul 8th, 2010, 12:32am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Marvio,

What is the version of USB for Remote Desktop? Please check if you have all the necessary drivers installed on TS 2008. Also I'd like to ask you to the following test to find out if your x-ray scanner and its software can be used via RDP. You do not have to use "USB for RDP" for this very test. You need to do the following:
1. Plug your scanner into TS 2008;
2. Run RDP session on win XP SP 3 and access your TS 2008;
3. Run the scanning software (in RDP session) on TS 2008 and check if you can reproduce the correct performance of the scanner and the software on TS 2008 via RDP.

Please keep in mind that "USB for RDP" is not involved in this test. Some devices (and the software) is not designed to work in RDP session. We have to check if it's not the same case with your device.

I'll be waiting for the result.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.