I need a solution to connect a high speed scanner at a remote site back to a 2012 VM via USB redirection software. What are the min bandwidth requirements? the remote site is connecting via a 6MB MPLS connection.
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: USB Redirect Network Requirements Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2016, 10:04am
Currently redirected scans from a competing product take 100 seconds per page via usb redirect. Would I see better performance with your usb redirect solution? Are there settings adjustments that can be made to improve performance ?
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: USB Redirect Network Requirements Reply #3 on: Mar 23rd, 2016, 1:20am
I am testing with both the fabulatech usb redirect and fabulatech rdp/scanner redirect. I am not sure which would be a better solution. Does the rdp/scanner redirect optimize the communication between the physical pc connected to the scanner and pc using the redirect?
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: USB Redirect Network Requirements Reply #6 on: Mar 24th, 2016, 2:32am
Hi The best solution for you is Scanner for Remote Desktop. In this case we use a low-level transport protocol and compression of image. Let me know your graphic resolution that you use for scanning on the remote site within RDP session.