Hi, I have 2012 server with trial version of USB over Network v5. I have a number of usb devices in the server including 2 windows backup discs and they have all been set to 'Prevented from sharing'. I then remove one of the backup discs from the usb port and connect another usb disc to the same port which I then want to share. The port is not shared.The disc shows as 'ready for sharing' but when I try to share using the 'share device' function it will not share and remains showing 'ready for sharing'. Why is this and how can I share this single device which should be possible in the trial version for my testing. Putting a USB stick in a separate port can be shared fine. Thanks
Just put the disc into a USB 2 port and it immediately shared!! This implies an issue with USB 3 ports and mass storage devices which I thought was now supported in V5. Device is WD Essentials 2TB USB 3.0 disc.
USB over Network 5.0 supports USB 3.0, but it depends on USB 3.0 host controller vendors and different drivers. There is a chance that we do not support your particular host controller. We would appreciate if you could send us information about USB 3.0 host controller you use. And the name of the vendor. If needed we will ask you for more additional information in order to add support of your host controller.