May 20th, 2024, 2:37am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: client switching though commandline script  (Read 4239 times)
GerdMusch
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
client switching though commandline script
« on: Jan 5th, 2013, 8:35am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello,

well I already (and finally) understand that there is (still) no possibility to share one USB device to two or more clients at the same time.

May there is any future update to resolve this, FabulaTech?

I am no technican or IT-engineer, but I read something interesting in the 'USB over Network' help documentation: the Command Line Interface and the 'Allow connecting the USB device when it's occupied' feature.

I already tried the 'Allow connecting the USB device when it's occupied' feature in the client software manualy. It works fine.
One USB device on the server computer and two clients can use the device, not at the same time but alternating through a 'click' manualy on connecting to the remote USB device. Result: the occupied USB device from client A is disconnecting and client B will connecting the USB device.

In theory and practical, I can do this every x-times manually - no problem.

BUT, and now to my support request for you.
Is it possible to make a command line 'command' which..
1. check every x-seconds/minutes if the USB device is connected with the client
2. and if it is not connected with the client, the client establish a connection to the server`s USB Device

Why this? Well sharing one USB Device to many clients is not possible. But if I can use the same USB Device alternating I almost have such a sharing feature.
I am think about Dongles. There is software which make a hardlock check only at the start of the software or at least every x-minutes or what ever.
With an automatically and time-based alternating of the client connection I can use the same dongle for many clients.
I already test it, but as I told you I did it manually.
But to simplify and automate this process, is there any command line feature or script possible which can check the connection and re-connect every x-seconds?

What do you think, is it possible?
Well, may you will answer with: YES or No, but it would be awesome if you can make a Command Line Usage Examples for it or a script file (lik a .bat or something). When I start the script-file, it connects to the server an USB Device, and checks and reconnect.

Thank you.

IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
Re: client switching though commandline script
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2013, 12:36pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply
The answer to your question is yes, you can actually write such BAT script yourself, using our command line utility. You can simply check the time and check the status of the USB devices with the "list" command of our utility.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.