Hi. We purchased your great software recently and we have a setup with three clients accessing 8 dongles on one server. For that reason we nicknamed them all, but the program on the server seems to forget the nick name shortly after. As we have so many dongles it is important to have the nick names stored. What should we do?
Hi again. The server has been rebooted, but I would expect the software to remember the nick names. The dongles are not all the same, but we have 4-5 HASP 3.25. An example of a nick name could be AutoQuant. Most have the amsame length and all are lost, when it happens. Thomas
Yes, you are right and something goes wrong. I have tried to reproduce the issue in our test lab but didn`t reach much success. Everything works properly for me. So I have a few more questions:
1. What version of USB over Network do you use? 2. Is there any server crashes/hangs/BSODs/incorrect shutdowns after you assign nicknames?
Also please send me the system information file from the computer where USB over Network(server) is installed.
To get system information file you need to do the following: Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information File -> Save.
Hi again. We are using the 4.7.3 version and we haven't had any crashes on the server. This morning the clients loaded the nick names just fine, so I will observe the system for a few days before trying to find the possible errors. Thanks for your help - I might get back to you if the problems continue.