Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:43pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: iphone ready???  (Read 4385 times)
leeg
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
iphone ready???
« on: Mar 19th, 2012, 5:43pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi

We are in the procoess of evaluating USB over network with Linux as our host and Virtual XP machines as clients. So far, all is good, exept for an iphone that wouldnt recognize under Windows. Windows device manager seems clean, just itunes comes up with a cryptic error that i will gather and post.
I saw an earlier post about a similar issue, but it pointed to as beta version of your software that was of a lower version. However the beta only consisteted of the Windows server not the linux server, so i just wonder has this been officially blessed to work with apple?

thank you

Lee
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: iphone ready???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2012, 5:13am »

Greetings!

By default in Linux Kernel maximum USB package size is too low to work properly with our product. You need to recompile the kernal and set MAX_USBFS_BUFFER_SIZE to value 46080 .  
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2012, 5:31am by Serge Frost » IP Logged
leeg
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: iphone ready???
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2012, 10:24am »

Thank you for this response. We have successfully recompiled our Gentoo kernel, however we are still having the same issue
The ipod shows up from the Windows client, but if we try to connect, it will connect for a second and then disconnect. If we try several times, the client just shows unreachable and the Linux server seems to shut down the server component.  
I think that we are very close, but need a little more help in getting this work.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.