Apr 25th, 2024, 4:20pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: delay and echo  (Read 5201 times)
Leonk
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
delay and echo
« on: Feb 25th, 2013, 3:04pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

We have installed sound over RDP, but when we use it, one side of the call has a strong echo.  And both sides have a significant delay (about 2 seconds or so).  How can we trouble shoot or make adjustments.  We installed the server on a Windows 2003 server and are using the Cisco IP Communicator on that server.  The Sound-over-RDP client is running windows XP.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2013, 3:05pm by Leonk » IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: delay and echo
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26th, 2013, 6:46am »

Hello,

Unfortunately "Sound for Remote Desktop" doesn`t work well in case the sound is redirected via Internet. I can provide you with instruction how to increase the level of compression. This will affect the quality of the sound but also will decrease the delays.  

These setting are available since version 2.9.1.1. I suppose you use version that is currently released on our website so I will send you the link for downloading the new version via private messages here on forum.  

And here is the instruction:

All configuration is performed by editing the parameter in the registry on the server side("WIN"+R --> cmd --> regedit):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FabulaTech\Sound over RDP server\

Sound compression is on:
CaptureCompression = 1

Sound compression is off:
CaptureCompression = 0

The compression of sound from speakers is on:
RenderCompression = 1

The compression of sound from speakers is off:
RenderCompression = 0

Both parameters should be enabled if you want to edit the bitrate. By default it is set to : 56000

Try to set the lower value. For example 48000 kbit/s;
IP Logged
johnzhang
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 10:50am »

We tried windows 7 as workstation and can have two way audio without echo. We have Cisco softphone installed on the server. When we made PSTN call from that softphone, we got two way audios. However, we got a lot of delays.

We experienced more and more delays from the softphone to the other end. It started with < 2 second delay, and ended with > 12 second within 3 minutes

The delay for the other direction varies in a reasonal ragne 2 to 5 second

Yes, we made a registry change as instructed.
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 6:57am »

Can you describe me your environment? Please provide me with as many detail regarding your network as it possible. I need to know upload/download bandwith, do you use VPN or not etc.  

I need this detail to find out what sector of the network causes the delays.
IP Logged
johnzhang
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2013, 1:27pm »

The station is windows 7. The station is configured with SSH tunnel (putty via a Linux server) to a remote server on port 3389.

The remote server is installed with Cisco IP communicator. The IP communicator is registed with a Cisco CME.

procedures:

1) logon to the tunnel serve via putty from the station
2) bring up remote desktop via local host port such as 3400 (as configued on the tunnel)
3) bring up the Cisco IP communicator on the server. The communicator registers with the Cisco CME
4) make a call from the IP communicator to PSTN

We got two way audios. However, we experienced more and more delays for the audio from the PSTN to the softphone (or the station) as the call goes. It starts with < 1 second delay and ends with > 12 second in several minutes.  

Thanks for any help.

John
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12th, 2013, 4:56am »

Please take our apologies but there is nothing we can do right now. Unfortunately our product was designed to work in a local network and was not tested with IP telephony. I will forward all the information about this case to our developers and perhaps in the future we will find a solution how to reduce these huge delays.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.