I am using AWS Workspaces running Server 2016 and windows experience. Local desktop is running windows 10.
I have installed webcam software on both sides. The webcam is working with Google Meet/Hangouts in Internet Explorer, but the webcam is not working in Google Chrome Browser.
Any suggestions on what I need to do. Thanks.
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: Webcam not working in Chrome Browser in AWS Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2020, 8:12am
Yes, the settings in Google Chrome allow the Camera.
It show FabulaTech Camera, but it says "Service is not Running" in Red in the middle of the screen. Any insight into this!! Are you available for a remote session? I am US Eastern time.
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: Webcam not working in Chrome Browser in AWS Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2020, 3:48pm
The program doesn't work on Windows 10 or Server 2016/2019 A technological change made in Windows 10 Anniversary Update caused a problem where Webcam for Remote Desktop failed to work. To apply workaround, launch regedit and create a REG_DWORD values named EnableFrameServerMode with the value 0 in the following registry locations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform