Hi. Do you have some plans to build 'Webcam for Remote Desktop' for ARMv7hf Linux platform (Rapsberry Pi 2) as you did with 'Usb over Network' product?
Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2015, 6:00pm by NikPok
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: ARMv7hf build - Rapsberry Pi 2 Reply #1 on: Apr 27th, 2015, 3:52am
RAW USB traffic form webcam is not suitable solution for remote desktop session especially with WAN scenario. We need a product with high level device transfer possibility, resize, compression and session isolation. So “USB for remote desktop” is not a product that we can use.
BTW, if you have “USB for remote desktop” for ARM, what is a problem to build “Webcam for remote desktop” for ARM? As I see, “USB for remote desktop” is much more complicated product than “Webcam for remote desktop”...
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: ARMv7hf build - Rapsberry Pi 2 Reply #3 on: Apr 28th, 2015, 8:32am
Sorry for a late reply. I had some troubles to transfer audio to Remote Desktop Server and without audio redirection webcam redirection was also unusable, but it is fixed now. I've tested Webcam for Remote Desktop for Linux on Ububntu some time ago and results were more than acceptable. But, it was a big and powerful x86 PC. I don't think that it is good idea to compare PC experience with ARM devices. I hadn't had any problem with audio redirection on linux PC, but embedded SoC's audio was very different. So, I'm ready to test your product when it will be available.
Nik
IP Logged
Sergey_Jarovski FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum God
Gender: Posts: 559
Re: ARMv7hf build - Rapsberry Pi 2 Reply #5 on: Jun 19th, 2015, 9:34am