Apr 25th, 2024, 12:31pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Disconnect from Session  (Read 4863 times)
rsmith
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Disconnect from Session
« on: Sep 19th, 2011, 12:22pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

This is an outstanding product!  Issues that I have seen is if a user disconnects from a remote session without logging off the next time they reconnect the webcam will not reconnect.  There seems to be issues with getting the software to reconnect in certain situations.  If this product would be handle connects and disconnects better it would be perfect.
IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
Re: Disconnect from Session
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 7:10am »

Russel,

Thanks, we're really glad you like Webcam for Remote Desktop. I have forwarded your feedback to our developers and they requested some additional details in order to be able to reproduce this issue. Could you please specify the 'certain situations'?

As for the disconnection and reconnection to a remote session - the webcam does work, but you need to re-launch the window where the video feed is coming (for example, initiate another call in Skype).

Also, my colleague Harry asked you to provide some technical details about Sound over RDP, but there's been no reply from you since. Is that issue sorted or would you like us to proceed investigating it?
IP Logged
rsmith
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 8:30am »

I'm sorry I haven't replied yet about the Sound for RDP issue.  We are on a tight deadline for our Proof of Concept and we have decided to use the built in sound redirection for the audio portion.  We are still greatly interested in the WebCam software.

With the Webcam for Remote Desktop if we connect to a remote session the camera connects great.  If you then disconnect the remote session without logging off and then reconnect to the same session then any application cannot reconnect to the Webcam.  Some time you pull up the application and the frame is frozen and sometimes you get an error stating the WebCam is disconnected.  

I have found though by restarting services and processes in a certain order then allows you to get the WebCam to work again without closing the session.  

We have script that runs when someone connects to the terminal session that resets the connection to ensure they have WebCam access every time.

IP Logged
George_White

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 9:46am »

A little update I got from the developers: the behavior you are describing, and this part in particular:

"If you then disconnect the remote session without logging off and then reconnect to the same session then any application cannot reconnect to the Webcam."

should not be happening in the latest versions of Webcam for Remote Desktop, so we assume you are using one of the previous ones, or if it's the latest one, probably some old services were not overwritten.

Please try uninstalling the version you have from both sides, and installing the latest one available on the website:
http://www.webcam-for-remote-desktop.com/webcam-for-remote-desktop-download.html

If this doesn't help, can we do a remote support session so that our programmers can remove the old files? Alternatively, I can give you the list of files and their locations so that you can delete them yourself.

Sorry to hear Sound over RDP is not an option for you anymore. Anyway, we'll gladly proceed investigating the issue you were experiencing if you decide to get back to it.
IP Logged
rsmith
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 10:13am »

I did upgrade to the latest version.  I will uninstall both sides and remove all the files and then reinstall and try again.  I did find a work around by restarting all the tasks and services but I would like to avoid that.  

We are just doing a Proof of Concept at this point.  If our client moves forward with a full project the Sound for RDP may be a option we just don't have to time at this point to use it.

I appreciate your quick responses and your help!
IP Logged
rsmith
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20th, 2011, 12:16pm »

Removing all versions did not help.  It still has the same issue.  Could you provide a list of all of the files and versions so I can verify that I am up to the latest copy?
IP Logged
George_White

View Profile         
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21st, 2011, 12:22am »

Russel,
I just emailed you the list of files you should uninstall, please check your mailbox.
IP Logged
rsmith
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #7 on: Sep 23rd, 2011, 8:17pm »

I found the reason why the your upgrades to the software was not working.  I found even though the Webcam for RDP software was removed in Programs and Features it still lingered.  I had to enumerate the registry keys under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.  There were two separate entries for the 1.0.0.4 version and the 1.0.0.5 version.  I use msiexec /x command with the GUID from the registry for the 1.0.0.4 registry key and was able to remove it.  Once removed I could then get the full 1.0.0.5 functionality.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.