Apr 27th, 2024, 8:37pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Problem with the virtual serial port driver  (Read 4787 times)
Burkhard
Guest Email

Problem with the virtual serial port driver
« on: Jan 10th, 2005, 6:59am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify  Remove Remove

Hello,
I have connected 4 Application with your Virtual Comport Driver. The base application have to handled 4 Comports, the others emulates external Devices which are connected with the base application.

Sometimes if i send data via the virtual comport, the data is not received by the other application. If i try this via two real comports between two PC's, there's no problem.

What's the reason?  
Thank you for your help.

Greets Burkhi from Germany

IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Problem with the virtual serial port driver
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 7:33am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

We have not such problem. Would be more easy to debug this problem if we could replicate your exact situation. Is it possible to receive your base application together with emulators so we could test all in our lab?
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Burkhard
Guest Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 6:12am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify  Remove Remove

Dear Andrew,

I have analysed the problem:
I use a simply protocol between the applications. First, the Master sends a character to inform the slave: I will send Data to you.  
The slave replys with an other character to inform the master: Now you can send me the Data.

If the slaves doesn't reply, the Master sends the characters again after 400 msec.

I have analysed the logs: Sometimes the slaves receives more than 1 Startcharacter (two or three at the same time).  

The reason could be that your drivers application hasn't enough available machine time to sends the data synchronosly to the slave-Application.  

Is it possible to change the priority of your driver Application? This could solve the problem.

Thank you very much  
Greetings Burkhard from Germany
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:55am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

We propose you to wait till next version of our Virtual Serial Port Kit where we have revised program driver appreciably. New version will be ready at nearest time (somewhere in week). We will inform you personally.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.