Mar 28th, 2024, 8:04pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Connection status  (Read 4899 times)
Ruodokas
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Connection status
« on: Jul 21st, 2012, 10:08am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I was just googling around and came across this program, absolutely brilliant piece of work, congratulations for that. How ever, I am having a slight dilemma with establishing connection where as old legacy BBS software only prints out connect string, there fore system itself thinks its an 300bps connection.  

Is it possible to have full connect string (ie. CONNECT 28800 or CONNECT 33600/V34 or whatever the old connections strings where) to be printed out or running my head against the wall here with wishing moon from the skies? (even if its a bogus string since I am sure current net connections beats the old carrier speed any given day).

My current setup is being tested under oracle VM (only because the old legacy BBS system I am even slightly familiar with is DOS based, so I can use XP on VM to install such programs, as they do not work on 64-bit windows, due to lacking NTVDM.
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Connection status
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23rd, 2012, 7:40am »

Hello,  

Yes, theoretically it is possible to change "CONNECT" string to any other you like. What string do you wish to see there?  

Are you meant connection problems between our software and BBS and what is "bogus string"?

Please provide me with more information regarding your issue so I can find a correct solution for you.
IP Logged
Ruodokas
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23rd, 2012, 10:21am »

From what I can tell, ATWx (x=1-4 regarding to status message) is missing altogether from modem, so the old legacy BBS system that I am running thinks plain CONNECT string is equal to 300BPS connection.  

All I can remember when I was running this BBS on real hardware (back many many moons ago, it always printed something like CONNECT 28800/V34 etc on call waiting screen when it established the connection)

IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24th, 2012, 7:48am »

Hi, I need to know exactly what string you need and then we will create a custom build for you.

It would be even better if you could provide us with a screenshot where BBS works with hardware modem so we can see this string with our eyes.
IP Logged
Ruodokas
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24th, 2012, 9:46am »

Here you go, I know I am bad at explaining stuff, so grabbed a few shots while VM was running on runtime environment. The middle one with proper status is a rivaling unnamed product for same usage, so you can see the difference circled around Smiley thats what I am after for, or any other user definable settings (38400-57600-115200 were most commonly used for high speed modems)

http://personal.inet.fi/private/phisher/pcb-with-connect-status-fabula.JPG
http://personal.inet.fi/private/phisher/pcb-with-connect-status.JPG
http://personal.inet.fi/private/phisher/pcb-with-kick-out.JPG
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2012, 4:37am by Ruodokas » IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25th, 2012, 2:36am »

Greetings,

I`m sorry I can`t find at what value you would like to change the current string. As far as I understand on the first picture everything works properly and I see "CONNETC" value. And as I know you wish to change it. On second picture I see the error message.  

So what string do you need?
IP Logged
Ruodokas
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25th, 2012, 4:33am »

"connect" to read "connect 57600" ; so that it would give the speed statement, as I said otherwise the old legacy bbs system treats the login as 300 bps connection and as such, will deny login.

Edit: just saw of me having an error on the 3rd link to pictures with actual error so that has been fixed now as well.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2012, 4:38am by Ruodokas » IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25th, 2012, 5:55am »

Check you mail box. I have sent you the link for downloading.
IP Logged
Ruodokas
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #8 on: Jul 25th, 2012, 10:22am »

hmm.. nope, no link has arrived here to my mailbox
IP Logged
Serge Frost

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26th, 2012, 1:13am »

I`m sorry for this inconvenience. I have not received any notifications that the letter was not delivered.

I sent you the link in private messages here on forum.
IP Logged
meluvalli
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #10 on: Oct 1st, 2013, 8:07pm »

I am having the same problem.  Was this ever resolved?

When the connection is made, it thinks it is at 300bps and the BBS doesn't like that Sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.