May 19th, 2024, 3:29am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: USB Dongle Driver Just On The Server  (Read 4823 times)
dongledidongle
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
USB Dongle Driver Just On The Server
« on: Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:45pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hallo,
i tried USB for Remote Desktop on my Windows Server 2008. The problem is, that when i connect to the workstation the driver get installed on the server and not on the Remote Client. Can I fix the problem that the driver is avaible for the RemoteUser. I want to make my Aladdin USB Dongle avaible for the RemoteUser.

Thank YOU !!!!
IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
Re: USB Dongle Driver Just On The Server
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:41pm »

Are you trying to RDP to that windows server?  

USB for Remote Desktop works as if the USB device were connected directly to the Server, so that you can work with that device while in the RDP session. So no wonder the drivers get installed on the server. If you mean that the drivers get installed not in your session but on the server machine and don't appear in  your remote session, that should not be a problem, after you install them once, they should work for all users RDPing to that server.

If this is not the case, please specify the problem.

IP Logged
dongledidongle
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Aug 3rd, 2009, 1:47am »

Hi,
thanks for your request. I uploaded an image to show my problem:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2204/dongle.jpg
1+2: start USB for RD and connect the USB Dongle on the RemoteDesktop
3: On the local side I get the message of windows that a new driver was found. Windows installs the driver on the local side.
4. When I start the software  that uses the  USB Dongle on the RemoteDesktop, it shows me that the usb dongle is not available.

At the end: The USB Dongle is in the RemoteSession not available..
IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Aug 3rd, 2009, 6:02am »

As far as I understand, you do it other way around? You have USB for Remote Desktop Workstation on your Windows Server, and USB for Remote Desktop Server on the remote machine? And you are trying to RDP to the remote machine FROM the WIndows Server 2008?  

What do you mean by "RemoteDesktop"? An RDP session?

USB for Remote Desktop is usually used this way: you install the Workstation part of the software on the Client Machine and the Server part of the software on the Server. Then you RDP into that server and plug the USB device into the Client, and then you'll be able to work with the device while being in the RDP session from the Client machine.

Judging by your particular scenario our other solution will be more appropriate.
It's called USB over Network and it allows you to work with remote USB devices over a local network or Internet as if they were connected directly to your local PC. Thus, you'll have to instal USB over NEtwork Server on your Server 2008, and  
USB over NEtwork Client on your remote machine. Then you'll be able to share
the devices plugged into the Server.

To download the trial version please go to:
http://fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-download.html

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.