May 18th, 2024, 11:30pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5+ of Same Scanner on RDP Server  (Read 4146 times)
shctech
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
5+ of Same Scanner on RDP Server
« on: Jan 16th, 2009, 10:34am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I downloaded Trial of USB for RDP 2.1.1 and installed on both server and clients.

I have 5+ Users who connect to an RDP connection and need to have individual access to scan into the server.  Problem is while testing this software, it would only allow the first scanner connected to be used.

Is it possible to have more than 1 of the exact same model scanner connected to the RDP server.

EXAMPLE:  
SCANNER: Canon DR-2050C  
SOFTWARE: Acrobat Standard 7 or 8
SERVER:  2003 SERVER  
User1 redirects the Canon DR-2050C scanner.
He then connects to RDP and opens Acrobat and attempts to scan.  It takes a few sec for it to recognize the scanner but it then finds it and goes into the TWAIN settings.  He can scan without any problems.

User2 redirects HIS Canon DR-2050C Scanner and connects to RDP while USER1 is connected and opens Acrobat and attempts to scan.  His USB for RDP says scanner is redirected and when he attempts to scan it says there is no page loaded.  If User1 places a sheet in his scanner and User2 says scan it pulls it from User1's scanner.

I need it to pull from the scanner at each individual RDP connection.  Is this possible?
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2009, 10:35am by shctech » IP Logged
Keith
FabulaTech Forum Junior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: 5+ of Same Scanner on RDP Server
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2009, 5:35am »

We have USB for Remote Desktop 2.0.3 Beta version which has been designed specially for multi-user environments.

I recommend you to install this on your side and make sure that this solution meets your demands.  

http://fabulatech.com/usb-for-remote-desktop-beta.zip
IP Logged

Keith Sinfield

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Seico
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14th, 2009, 5:34am »

Hello, But here I hang in with the same time.
We have a Windows 2003 (64 bit), Terminal Server.
And this is exactly how to connect to "shctech" multiple identical scanner with USB over Network.
When I install the version of you mentioned here, most local programs to begin to play crazy and can not open.
Is there another version of another? What have the various scanners either rename or install only for the current session
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15th, 2009, 7:50am »

It looks like you have the identical devices issue. We are aware of it. When you redirect one device all the other devices get redirected and the remote machine which you're RDPing into cannot understand what device it has to work with. This issue can only be resolved with the help of another FabulaTech's product - USB over Network.

This product is similar to USB for RDP. To start working with it you need to install USB over Network Server on the PC where USB devices are plugged in. USB over Network Client must be installed on the PCs you want to give access to those very USB devices you've already plugged in. That's all.  

So, you need to use device ID to make everything work properly.  

Please see here:http://fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-client-help/advanced-connecting-options.html

We are working to resolve this issue, but DeviceID is the only way to  
differentiate devices for now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.