Apr 27th, 2024, 1:46pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Multiple Suggested Features  (Read 3619 times)
anarcrossy
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Multiple Suggested Features
« on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:16am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Andrew,

The company I work for is a small machine shop (small being like less than 20 people.) We use USB over network to help automate and speed up our use of some programs by not having to constantly cycle around usb dongles and wait on other people to finish with theirs. Also so we dont run the risk of passing them out and people losing them. So here are the suggested features.

1. add a ability to assign a port number to each individual usb device instead of just client/sever port.

The benifit of this comes from the ability to have a client connect to only certain usb devices and not see all of them.

2. make the nick name ability be able to be a full name up too 255 characters that masks over the name of the usb dongle instead of just a letter that doesnt really seem to help at all.

The benifit would be so we could make sure that the person is using the usb key that has been assigned to them and not someone else.

3. make it so you can lock the client setup on computers so just regular users or power users cant modify what usb devices are connected and are not only administrators can.

benifit being is that we have people that would rather fiddle with settings than actually use the setup that is their and try to get free keys to software instead of the ones that they are assigned too which in turn makes me have to take time out of my day to go back over their and reset up the program.

I look foreward to seeing what response you can give me based on these request. The more we can get discussed about this the higher the possiblity is that we will buy more seats to the program. Right now we have 1 license(two seats) but would like enough to accomodate the whole shop. Maybe we need to talk out a custom order for the program.

Sinceraly,
   Billy
I.T. Tryco Machine Works
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Multiple Suggested Features
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 1:35am »

Hello Billy,
First of all thank you for detailed multiple suggestion.
Yes these features are very useful and will be implemented. Be sure!
>  1. add a ability to assign a port number to each individual usb device instead of just client/sever port.

We'll add option to assign password for connecting remote USB device, so it will not be available for everyone.    

> 2. make the nick name ability be able to be a full name up too 255 characters that masks over the name of the usb dongle instead of just a letter that doesnt really seem to help at all.

Good feature thanks.

> 3. make it so you can lock the client setup on computers so just regular users or power users cant modify what usb devices are connected and are not only administrators can.  

Configuration utility will be password protected also.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
anarcrossy
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 8:42am »

Thank you Andrew for your feedback on this. When do you think these features will be added/time frame for the next update that will contain them?
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 9:03am »

We expect to implement it in September 2007.
Thanks for your interest.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.