Apr 28th, 2024, 2:36pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: USB Reciept Printer  (Read 4037 times)
Fireh
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
USB Reciept Printer
« on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 3:34pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello.

I have a Micronics Star TSP-143 Reciept printer connected to USB. I've installed the trial version of USB over network 3.1 to try and se if my problem can be solved with this.

I start the server-program and share the printer there. It then becomed offline in printers in XP, which it should be. Then I run the client, connects to the server-computer, finds the shared USB-port and adds it. The client computer finds new hardware and installes the printer. So far so good...

But then nothing works. I can't print to it from any program including windows test page. I can't start the configuration tool for the printer, it says there are no compatible devices in the system (but I can see it in Printers).  

Why don't I share the printer in Windows? For usual printing it works fine, but the specific printing of reciepts takes control over the printer a few seconds (it turns "Offline" in windows printing). At this point the printing program returns an error and can't "Enable" the printer. Then I found USB over network, but as of now it doesn't work either  Cry

Any suggestions or known problems?
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: USB Reciept Printer
« Reply #1 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:20am »

Hi Fireh,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are highly interested in resolving this issue, so please assist us. Could you please tell us more about that printer (model, vendor, URL...)

1) First of all, is it possible to plug the printer directly to PC where USB over Network Client is installed and ansure that the printer works fine on that PC.

2) Then please install Server component on that computer, share printer (using Server component) and connect it (using Client component) on the same PC.

3) If doesn't work, it would be great if you could share the printer over Internet, so we'll try to see what happens directly in our lab. If it's OK for you, we'll send you details by email.

Thanks.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Fireh
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: USB Reciept Printer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 2:11pm »

Hi Andrew.

Information about the printer and all software needed can be found on the official homepage:
http://www.starmicronics.com/printers/printers_pages/thermal/TSP100.php

We have a POS Terminal (http://www.partnertechcorp.com/support-terminals-pt4000.shtml) with the reciept printer connected by USB. The POS-system we use is built in ASP and runs on a webserver. In this case the Server PC would be the POS Terminal and the Client PC is the webserver.

1. When I developed the ActiveX-control for recieptprinting I was working directly on a computer with a webserver and the printer connected directly to that computer. Then everything worked as it should. I tried it just now to be sure.

2. When entering the configurationprogram after these steps the program only finds the original printer and not the one found when connected using client. When deleting the original printer from "Printers and faxes" and only have the new one found by client, the program no longer finds any hardware at all. So, it doesn't work.

3. I now have the printer directly connected to the computer running webserver and shared it in the Server program. Please send me an e-mail so I can give you the address.

By downloading the software for the printer in the first link, you should then be able to get the same result as me. That the printer is found and installed, but the program doesn't find it and it's not possible to print anything.

Thank you for your help.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.