May 5th, 2024, 11:31am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: SmartCard Reader Error  (Read 5986 times)
Guar
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
SmartCard Reader Error
« on: Mar 14th, 2007, 3:12am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello

I have big problem with share USB smartcard reader. All works on 3 computer with good connection, but problem is with connection with ping 125ms. After connect shared reader system detect it but diagnostic tool see it only for 1 sec and dissapear. In system alerts I can see SCardSrv 2 error2:

Reader monitor received uncaught error code: The device does not recognize the command

and second:
Reader insertion monitor error retry threshold reached: The device does not recognize the command.

all other shared devices like hash ubs,pendrives, other usb readers works. Problem is only with Omnikey CardMan 2020. If it's not supported anyhow ok np but it works on my local network, over internet on my IP, to 2 my friends what are far from me... but not works on 3 desired computers of my friend with who I want to share device. Do there can be problem with ping in what I can't believe ?
All systems was genuine xp with all hotfixes, firewall off, without viruses etc, all clean with VIA chipset.
What can be problem with it? I need to fix it fast coz I buy this sw specially only for make this sharing with friend.  
Waiting for response. Thx.

b.r.

EDITED:
ok checked, it's not a computers problem, I share reader at guy side and try connect at my home, also didn't works, so it mean that is problem with share devices like mine what use protocol T=0,T=1 Sad

« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2007, 3:45am by Guar » IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: SmartCard Reader Error
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 4:07am »

Guar,
Really network delays are critical for some USB devices. BTW,could you please clarify, what do you mean by "protocol T=0,T=1"?
Thank you.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Guar
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 6:24am »

I mean that smartcard working by serial communication but reader is on USB. SmartCard can't be connected directly do USB port(pure USB  smarcard working on same guy very good).
See info about reader:
http://www.conseils.fi/pdf/CardMan%202020%20Datasheet.pdf

connection with guy is very fast, only what I notice is that pings are ~130ms

I got for test Gemplus reader, looks like is more universal and can read USB smartcards too, soon will give answer after do tests.

b.r.

EDIT:

Gemplus PC430 even don't want to connect(disconnecting after 1 sec of connection).
Also 90% when trying disconnect devices give blue screen, tested overall on 7 computers, 5 different persons.
Do somone is interested to buy sw? I want to resell it...

« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2007, 8:37am by Guar » IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 8:56am »

Hi Guar

Thank you for your test.
Guar, could you please provide more info about bluescreen. Driver name and additional info? Client or Server side?
Does that cardreader require additional drivers?

I ask it because we've tested USB over Network 2.8 for a lot of USB devices and bluescrren is something very and very strange for 2.8 version.

In any case, if it occurs in our driver, we are definitely interested in resolving of that issue.

Thank you.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Guar
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 11:17am »

yes of course, I'll post it soon, I still do testing coz for me is extremally very important to fix this problem, coz otherwise I must send very epxensive smartcard to guy Sad
Me and my friends who test all with me got almost always bluescreen when trying to disconnect device in client side or I stop sharing at server side.
Let U know soon

b.r.

EDIT:

Because I was presured to try all combinations of remote connection with smartcard then I had no time to write about driver who cause blue screen. I just want to inform that I establish connection and communication with Gemplus reader but with other USB share software(trial version) and works(I can write name of sw to mail)... With USB Over Network it detect Gemplus reader but can't connect to it in event viewer I get error:

GRClass said, "####Bus driver failed request!"

Gemplus looks like more better reader and universal one, so I think that this one can be supported in future instead Omnikey which is simple one and old. I hope it help in some updates. Tomorrow I'll write about driver what cause bluescreen, it's a bit dangerous for me coz make errors on disk(losed ICQ xml file with contacts).
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2007, 6:16pm by Guar » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.