Apr 28th, 2024, 5:48am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: USB + Terminal Services  (Read 5563 times)
zote
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
USB + Terminal Services
« on: May 11th, 2006, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Guys, you have a great product!

SO, I need to use this (http://www.nitgen.com/New_site/eng/product/pc_hamster.asp) Fingerprint scanner, with my app, over Windows 2003 Terminal Server.

At my lan, thats work fine, but if I connect to wts/usb-net from internet, my app send command to fingerprint to start capture (and device start to read), but my app dont receive any response. I have opened port 33000 at my firewall. Have anythink that i`m forgeting?

And, do you have any plug-in to use with wts? Because, if you type \\tsclient (when connected to server via wts) you can see devices at client...

And, at my lan, if 2 users connect to server, can any one connect to your fingerprint?

Thank you and sorry bad english! Huh
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2006, 4:58pm by zote » IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: USB + Terminal Services
« Reply #1 on: May 12th, 2006, 6:13am »

on May 11th, 2006, 4:57pm, zote wrote:
Guys, you have a great product!

SO, I need to use this (http://www.nitgen.com/New_site/eng/product/pc_hamster.asp) Fingerprint scanner, with my app, over Windows 2003 Terminal Server.

At my lan, thats work fine, but if I connect to wts/usb-net from internet, my app send command to fingerprint to start capture (and device start to read), but my app dont receive any response. I have opened port 33000 at my firewall. Have anythink that i`m forgeting?

And, do you have any plug-in to use with wts? Because, if you type \\tsclient (when connected to server via wts) you can see devices at client...

Most likely this problem is related with delays of busy network traffic. In the nearest future we will finish development of special tool for USB devices diagnostics to examine and try to resolve such problems.

on May 11th, 2006, 4:57pm, zote wrote:
And, at my lan, if 2 users connect to server, can any one connect to your fingerprint?

Only one user can use USB device at the same time because in the most of cases USB devices can work correctly in the exclusive mode only.

IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
sbrian26
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Jun 9th, 2006, 12:00pm »

What if multiple terminal service clients have their devices shared?  How will they know which device to connect to?  Are all devices available for terminal services clients?

Thanks for your response

on May 12th, 2006, 6:13am, Andrew wrote:

Most likely this problem is related with delays of busy network traffic. In the nearest future we will finish development of special tool for USB devices diagnostics to examine and try to resolve such problems.

Only one user can use USB device at the same time because in the most of cases USB devices can work correctly in the exclusive mode only.

IP Logged
Andrew

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 7:42am »

Can you describe please your project more detailed? So we could give you the proper solution.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
sbrian26
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 9:11am »

Windows 2003 server running terminal services.
RDP clients have locally attached device that is shared via the usb-over network server.

When a terminal client starts a session, an application is run that is dependent on the terminal clients USB device (shared).  The application (running on the terminal server) must subscribe to the usb device on the client so that it can be used in the application.

notes:  The ip address or machine name of the client could be determined at login or start of the RDP session.
IP Logged
Andrew

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13th, 2006, 6:11am »

In your case our USB over Network product will emulate situation like several users are pluging the same USB devices in one local computer (your 2k3 server) at the same time. So all depends from your server application, i.e. its ability to process such situation.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.