Apr 27th, 2024, 6:44pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Blackberry Connect  (Read 4056 times)
bbuser
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Blackberry Connect
« on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I'm trying to connect my blackberry (no BES server) as a USB device so I can intellisync with Outlook.

I have the server piece on my laptop and VPN into my network.  I run the client piece on my desktop (where blackberry desktop is installed).

USB ports map a, but Blackberry software does not detect the device.  Is there anything I'm missing?  

IP Logged
bbuser
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Blackberry Connect
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 9:41am »

Here is a little more information.

I am now working with the machines next to each other.  Windows Firewall is off on both machines.  Using TCP/IP 33000 port for the software.

I connect my blackberry to the "Client" machine directly and the Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes and shows connected and the PIN of the device.  I go to Hardware Device Manager and under "USB Devices" I see the "Blackberry Device".

I then disconnect my blackberry and connect it to my "Server" Machine and start the USB over the NEtwork Server software and share the "Terminal mobile RIM - Blackberry Device".

I go back to my client and start the Client verion and "Connect the Shared Device" and it connects.

I see the Client finding the device and I find the "Blackberry Device" under Hardware- Device manager.

The only thing is that the Blackberry Desktop Software still says "Disconnected" and when I tell it to detect, it doesn't find it.

So, that's where it stands.  Love the concept, let me know if this can work.  I'm willing to be a guinea pig.

IP Logged
maximillian_x
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Blackberry Connect
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:47am »

I would also be very interested in this concept, however, I am using BES - as a matter of fact, what I would like to do is connect the BB to my desktop, then run the provisioning wizard on the BES server (which currently only works if the device is locally attached via USB).

This would be great for us BES admins who have a central BES server but perhaps aren't onsite where the server is physically located.

I believe that the BES utilizes the same methodology to connect to the BB via USB, so I would suspect if you got the desktop manager to work, it would also work for the BES Handheld Manager tool.

I love love love the concept, and I think you would tap into a HUGE market if you could get this to work.  I would really plug your company over on the forums if you do *hint hint!

Cheesy

Regards,
Rob
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.