I tried version 4.7 server on ubuntu and had no problem setting up auto sharing in ftusbnet.conf. I abandoned this trial because I needed it to function with Windows 8. I saw a few days ago there was a Beta verion 5.0 and the corresponding Beta 4.9 version client that was compatible with windows 8. The problem now is that the only way I can share a USB device is to manually share the device from the terminal. I have tried many different variations but its like it is not seeing the ftusbnet.conf file. In version 4.7 I just used the VID:PID:REV format and it worked fine. The ftusbnet.conf file is in the default location (/etc/ftusbnet.conf) but its like it is not reading it.
I suppose you have version 4.9 installed on Windows side and 5.0 on Linux. Are you sure that the software just doesn`t see the .conf file? Try to use any other command. For example share all the devices. And let me know the result.
I suppose you already tried to specify the files location with this command. Am I right?
Yes, I have 4.9 on the Windows side and 5.0 on Linux. I have already tried "* auto" to share all devices and have also tried "$ sudo /opt/ftusbnet/sbin/ftusbnetd -c /etc/ftusbnet.conf" When I run " $ /opt/ftusbnet/bin/ftusbnetctl list" all devices are shown as "/Unshared/". I can manually "$ /opt/ftusbnet/bin/ftusbnetctl share 202" and it works but it lost on reboot. I don't think I am missing anything. I have double checked the syntax on everything.