I'm trying to redirect a netcomm roadster 56k modem to one of our customers sbs 2008 virtual box. It redirects fine although when trying to send a test fax out it stalls and says that it is busy. It continues it's retry count until it fails.
I've attached it to my own machine and it works fine so it's definitely got something to do with the passthrough. Has anyne had any success with this modem and passthrogh?
Please take our apologies for this inconvenience. We know about this bug but decided to implement this function in "Serial Port Redirector" product from version 2.6;
It can be downloaded from here:
http://www.fabulatech.com/downloads.html
Also I noticed you have USB modem. "USB over Network" and "USB for Remote Desktop" are also suited to redirect USB devices. These product will be even better cause they are designed to redirect devices with USB interface.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Our support team will be glad to assist you.
Hi Serge, I'm not sure I understand your reply? It's a usb modem hence using the usb over network product. Are you saying the serial port redirector will fix the issue?
The usb over network software does it's shop in picking up the modem and allowing me to connect to it via sbs 2008 although when I try and send out a fax it stalls and doesn't go out. I test the exact same usb modem without pass through and it works fine.
Oh, I`m sorry. It is my mistake. I don`t know why but I thought you use Network Serial Port Kit. Once again please take my apologies.
To figure out what caused USB over Network to stall I need to see your log files. Please send them to me. Log files are located in "%systemroot%\system32" folder (or if your PC is x64 then in "%systemroot%\syswow64"). The log file names should be:
ftusbsrv.log - for USB over Network Server ftusbsrvc.log - for USB over Network Client