Well, the usb device is virtualized by Fabulatech.
I can use the usb device in the VM, but after some time, our software reports that the usb device is not functioning normally.
I am using a year-2005 profilic driver. If I use a newer version driver, the device will flash jump. The device will be connected for a second, and then be lost. If I use an old version driver, the VM will BSOD. I have a dump file.
There are two ways of troubleshooting the issue. The first way if it possible you can share your device for us. We will connect it remotely and try to find a solution. In this case you will have to configure port forwarding on your router and to provide me with your software and both drivers.
The second way is to gather all necessary information. I need:
1. System Information Files from both computers where USB over Network is installed. To get system information file you need to do the following: Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information File -> Save
2. The USB over Network log files. Please look for the logs in %systemroot%\system32 folder (or if your PC is x64 then in %systemroot%\syswow64). The log file names should be: ftusbsrv.log - for USB over Network Server ftusbsrvc.log - for USB over Network Client
3. KERNAL memory dump file;
4.USB monitor log files with old and new drivers; To get them:
I. Download and install USB Monitor PRO on your computers. Here is the link for downloading:
II. Unplug your device. Stop USB over Network service. Launch USB Monitor; III. Enable "Hot plug" mode in USB monitor, plug in your device and start monitoring; IV. It will take just a few minutes. Save the first log. V. Now do the same on the second computer where USB over Network(client) is installed. (All USB over Network services should be running). VI. Enable "Hot plug" mode in USB Monitor and redirect your device. VII. Try to use it with your software; VIII. Save the second log file.
As a result you will have two files. One will contain logs of your device worked without USB over Network correctly. The second file will contain log when device is redirected incorrectly. Please name them according to the content.
Since I'm in another country, it might be difficult to share the device to you`
I will try to follow plan2`
*** My additional symptom/idea: 1. If I restart the 3rd party service, your virtualized usb device will be recognized immediately. It seems that the usb device has been reconnected via network, and has been recognized as a new device.
2. Since I virtualize a com port based on your virtualized usb port, can I use your "virtual serial port kit" to directly connect to a physical com port on the network?,
Distance between us is not a problem. All you need is to share the device in USB over Network software and to make it visible by external IP (configuring port forwarding );
You can send some information to my email: support@fabulatech.com Big files you can upload to our FTP server.
"Virtual Serial Port Kit" is used to connect COM ports on one computer. If you need to connect COM ports through the network you need to use "Network Serial Port Kit".
Thank you very much for provided information. I have downloaded these files and forwarded them to our development department. It will take some time to create a fix for you. Please be patient. I will notify you when it is ready.
Please take our sincere apologies for such huge delay. We are working on the new version of USB over Network and today it will be transfered to QA department for testing.
As soon as the new build is ready I will provide you with a link for downloading. Thank you very much for you patience and understanding.