I am able to get USB over network 4.7.3 trial to work between physical computers, but not for a Virtual Client in hyper-v (OS: tested in win7 x32 and server200
The USB I am using a HASP HL 3.25 Dongle.
In the VM, the UoN client can connect to the UoN server, and the dongle appears to install correctly (I can see the 3 usb devices appear in device manager (Hasp Key, Sentinel HL Key and USB Key) and I can see it via the web interface (http://localhost:1947), but when I open the application it can't see it...
Chances are that it won't work. HASP keys are tricky in which there is a checksum that does not go over USB visualization well. We have similar problems and calling the software company that needs the HASP key says that they don't allow USB visualization.
Its working fine, it just knows there are virtual usb drivers involved.
Have the same problem, UoN Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Host UoN Client: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003 R2 as Hyper-V VM Result: HASP Dongle connects to VM, it could be seen from monitor, but does not work.
Did you happen to install the hasp drivers over an rdp session?
I've read online that the hasp drivers don't install properly if there as a rdp session active (not sure if this is true though).
I was going to uninstall my software and the drivers, and then reinstall locally using the hyperv console, but my 15 day trial expired so I never found out if this works....
Did you happen to install the hasp drivers over an rdp session?
I've read online that the hasp drivers don't install properly if there as a rdp session active (not sure if this is true though).
I was going to uninstall my software and the drivers, and then reinstall locally using the hyperv console, but my 15 day trial expired so I never found out if this works....
No, the hasp drivers were installed for me by my remote support team which is on-site. From RDP session I'm installing the software which should use the dongle; it sees the dongle but can't use it.
Usually native software of dongles and security keys looks for the device in a physical USB bus. But our software creates a virtual USB bus on the remote side and also creates a virtual copy of the device connected to the virtual bus. That`s why you can see the redirected dongle in device manager but the native software doesn`t see it.
If you wish I can provide you with alpha-version of USB over Network v.5.0. Your help with testing will be appreciated.
Usually native software of dongles and security keys looks for the device in a physical USB bus. But our software creates a virtual USB bus on the remote side and also creates a virtual copy of the device connected to the virtual bus. That`s why you can see the redirected dongle in device manager but the native software doesn`t see it.
If you wish I can provide you with alpha-version of USB over Network v.5.0. Your help with testing will be appreciated.
Serge,
Thank you very much for the offer, I will contact our remote team if they agree on testing. Meanwhile, I thought Jack could be right on the RDP issue from this point - although the installation was done via console, there could be RDP sessions connected on the server. I suggest we have to reinstall it in a proper way and try again. And if it's fails, then I'll come for alpha-testing .
Since I've got no other cues that info from jack1234 on possible RDP session that was on, I've tried to check this possible issue.
I asked my remote team to remove the dongle, deinstall the driver, then restart the server, make sure there is no RDP sessions on, then install the driver from the console.
The result is - driver is installed correctly and the dongle is seen by our software.