I have installed server on Windows 7 32bit. I have Datamax printer which is physically connected to it via USB
But when I open the USB over network server window, it does not show in the list. It shows other devices (Optical Mouse, Flash Drive), but Datamax printer is not showing.
Here are three ways how to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Please unplug/plug your printer. Check if it appears in the Device Manager as "FabulaTech Shared Device".
2. Try to enable auto-sharing;
- Launch USB over Network Server; - Plug in the USB device; - The device will appear in the USB over Network Server window; - Press Preferences->Settings; - Go to Auto-Sharing tab; - Check the checkbox "Enable auto-sharing"; - Do not forget to mark the devices that you do not want to auto-share (mice and keyboards); - Press OK; - Re-plug the USB device. It will be shared automatically;
3. Try to restart your server if it is possible.
Try it and let me know the results. If problem persists I will provide you with a "SafeMode" version. It is designed specially for devices that behave themselves incorrectly.
I sucsessfully connected Printer and A usb-to-serial adapter.
Now I am facing another issue.
I am using server on a windows 7 pc and client on windows 2003 terminal server.
When both the pcs restarted next morning, the USB ports of both devices on client machine changed which lead to creating another copy of Datamax printer while the old one shows offline. And created new COM port for the adapter.