I want to access to a webcam (logitech c910) over my network and I am trying your software to do this.
I tried with several usb device (usb storage, old microsoft lifecam vx-7000 webcam, keyboard ...) and it works like a charm, however, it does not work with my logitech c910 webcam.
When I try to connect on the client, the device stays connected ~1 second and then disconnects spontaneously; when I retry, it says the device is occupied.
On the server side, it says that the devise is connected with the client (which is not the case)
See the image linked for screenshots: http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3176/problempw.jpg mirror : http://uppix.net/b/d/9/a1ff13da03d6cadb36db70a679336.jpg
Additional details: - windows 7 32 bit on server , windows 7 64 bit on client, recent hardware - firewalls deactivated - the webcam works without problem on several machines, server and client included - tried with the options enabled/disabled in the preference menu
Please try using the latest version of USB over Network 4.7.2b http://www.fabulatech.com/usb-over-network-beta.zip It is more stable then 4.7 Do not forget to uninstall your current versions of server and client and reboot both computers before installing new version.
Also you can try our new product Webcam for Remote Desktop http://www.fabulatech.com/webcam-for-remote-desktop-download.html This is a special solution for virtualizing a locally connected webcam on terminal server.
I just did some further testing. It seems that the problem is related to the webcam driver: with no driver installed, the camera stays connected, after installing the driver, it does not work as I described previously.
Have you tried USB over Network 4.7.2b? And what about Webcam for Remote Desktop? It does require webcam drivers installed only on workstation (physical) side.