May 12th, 2024, 5:12pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Client not connecting  (Read 5329 times)
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Client not connecting
« on: Apr 6th, 2008, 9:26pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

I had this all setup 18 devices shared and running, tried to add a new hub to the server, plugged it into another hub and supplied power to it. couldn't see it so did a scan for new hardware, and lost most of my devices. Running 3.3.8 on both server and client (which are both Windows 2003 Server) up graded to 3.3.10 but still can not connect, can see the devices but get the following error. the connect icon and right click menu are greyed out while the auto conect properties are ticked. but when removed and I try to connect i get this...  

Cannot Connect USB Device.
Error (0). Module: UsbNetworkClient (199)

any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Neil
IP Logged
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: Client not connecting
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 9:27pm »

this happens on all Clients tested.. including new client installs, so the problem appears to be a comms or server end issue..
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2008, 9:30pm by GHDNeil » IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #2 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 1:12am »

Hi  Neil,
We've checked the issue.  
> Error (0). Module: UsbNetworkClient (199)
The program exits with the exception "Not enough memory".
Neil, what happens if you share just several USB devices (3-5), does it work in such case? Please check if there is some critical number of USB devices.
Hopping to hear from you soon.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 1:23am »

Andrew,

this was working with version 3.3.8 it had 18 shared devices 4 hubs 2 unshared devices and I think a usb keyboard etc.

we attempted to add another hub and 3 more devices when it crashed and now, I just tried unsharing all except 5 of them and still the same problem.  

Regards,
Neil
IP Logged
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #4 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 1:52am »

ok, not having much fun. I rebooted the Server and lost connection to at least one hub. I was then able to connect devices to clients...  until I noticed that one client had connections to two devices one of which should have been for a different client. I unshared that device, which then unshared a heap of other devices of the same type, a bug that really needs fixing, just like the nicknames ..  I then shared it again and the connection didn't show up for the wrong client, But I now can not connect clients again.. Please help..
IP Logged
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #5 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 3:37am »

it is 8:30 pm here and I am still trying to get this fixed. I can not seem to contact you via the live support.

I am running Software licenses on this system. and I need it up NOW. why would you sell me a 64 device license for a single server if it can not handle it? these are HP servers not some "run of the mill" clone PCs

What type of memory limit is reached ?  

I have removed the extra Hub and dongles and got alot working for a while, on reboot the server seems to select which ones will reconnect and which ones will wait for connection, and even if their plugged in at times ?  

I think I am going to have to get another server to split some off onto and try that in the morning.
IP Logged
Andrew

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #6 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 3:57am »

Neal,
The program allows to share/unshare the whole group of teh same USB devices.
Device nickname is nickname for all USB devices of the same type.
If you need to connect specified USB device from client side, please please use "DeviceID" parameter. This is 4digit value, unique for each USB device, like 0003, 0004 and so on.
DeviceID depends on the USB port to which the device is physically plugged. So, if you plug device to some USB ports it appears as 0001, but if you plug that device in another USB port, it appears as 0002 and so on.

Please refer to the following topic:
http://usb-over-network.com/usb-over-network-client-help/advanced-connecting-options.html

We recommend the following for the issue troubleshooting.
1) Unplug all USB devices and unshare all of them in Server GUI.
2) Plug all USB hubs.
3) Plug 1st device, and connect it (please enable "Connect by Device ID option" on the client side) by some client
4) Plug the second device, and connect is as described in (3)

Thanks.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #7 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 4:12am »

Andrew, thanks for your reply. unfortunately your recomendations are not practicle.

I do connect things by usb device ID, but if i want to unshare and aladin dongle it unshares the lot? all those licenses go down, not really aceptable. if the software can tell them appart by ID why can it not unshare them by ID ? etc.  I have 18 shared USB Dongles and two not shared for licenses on this server all Live, serving licenses to over 17 Countries I can not afford for them to be down. there is no down time. And I need to share more and the list is ever growing.

unpluggin the lot and plugging them in one at a time till it falls over for trouble shooting isn't going to win me too many friends when people want to use the licenses,  

how many devices have you managed to share properly on a single server?  have you hit a limit before?  

I will have to try a new server and bring them up one at a time, but to your previous question I had 18 shared dongle 2 unshared 4 hubs and a virtual keyboard system and all was working fine til we added the new hub. ??  

Also from your last post I am assuming I am on my own to solve this? yes?  no? I appreciate you may not be able to replicate the fault there but the level of support of , unplug and plug leaves a lot to be desired.
IP Logged
Andrew

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #8 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 4:52am »

Neil,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
First of all, solution that allows to leave several USB devices unshared on server side.
- Just install Client side there
- Share all USB devices
- And connected needed USB deices "over the localhost" using USB over Network Client.

We'll allow to share/unshare devices by device ID soon.

As for adding new hub, let me explain, what happens.
All USB ports have unique number, it depends on the hub number and the USB port number for specified HUB.
If you adding new HUB to the PC, USB ports number for previous HUBs can be changed. So, before adding new hub it's highly recommended to remove sharing, add new hub and share devices again.
Neil, we are highly interested in resolving the issue.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #9 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 2:05pm »

I can not use the client on the server for the un shared devices as the drivers for them do not work if shared using the USB over Network software. tried it there aare some dongles that will not work that way.

Also the numbers only changed on the server when I upgraded from 3.3.x to 3.3.8 and that totally threw me, it took hours to get them all back online. the new hub did not make the numbers change this time but it did appear to take one of the ID numbers so I had ID 56 as a device when We plugged in a device to the new hub it was 58..  

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2008, 2:08pm by GHDNeil » IP Logged
Andrew

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #10 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 12:12am »

on Apr 7th, 2008, 2:05pm, GHDNeil wrote:
Also the numbers only changed on the server when I upgraded from 3.3.x to 3.3.8 and that totally threw me, it took hours to get them all back online. the new hub did not make the numbers change this time but it did appear to take one of the ID numbers so I had ID 56 as a device when We plugged in a device to the new hub it was 58..  

ID number depends on the USB port to which the device is physically plugged. Also it depends if USB device supports serial numbers (so we can identify the device from the group of identical devices) or not.
So, if the device does not support serial numbers, ID number is different for different USB ports.

Neil, once again, excuse me for inconveniences.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #11 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 7:58pm »

incorrect. the ports did not change but the IDs did, when I upgraded it. a whole new install on another server and the same fault with 3.3.10 I can't get live support from you and the application fails, big time, to meet expectations.
IP Logged
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #12 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 7:59pm »

I have also sent you many emails today.
IP Logged
GHDNeil
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13th, 2008, 4:24pm »

Andrew thank you for your support the new version you gave us appears to be working, I have not applied the release version as yet. but the fix appears to be function correctly it has been several days now with these devices attached and it has not failed. Thank you for your help.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.