With the developer API, what are the possibilities of adding a dynamic channel to the RDP protocol (Microsoft has an API for adding backchannels to RDP) to support FULL USB connections?
IP Logged
Andrew FabulaTech Forum Moderator
Moderator FabulaTech Forum Senior Member
Gender: Posts: 427
Re: Remote desktop connection Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 4:01am
I don't use any kind of developer API, just downloaded the trial software.
I do use RDC to connect to a Win XP 64 bit workstation from my Win XP 32 bit desktop computer. Regarding USB over Network, the 64 bit client can't see my 32 bit server.
Problem number 2 is that when I run the server, my 3DConnexion Space Navigator USB device shows up with "problem" when I try to share it.
Please advise as to what I should do. Thanks!
IP Logged
Andrew FabulaTech Forum Moderator
Moderator FabulaTech Forum Senior Member
Gender: Posts: 427
Re: Remote desktop connection Reply #3 on: Feb 22nd, 2008, 1:22am
I do use RDC to connect to a Win XP 64 bit workstation from my Win XP 32 bit desktop computer. Regarding USB over Network, the 64 bit client can't see my 32 bit server.
Please try to install Client on the Same PC where Server is installed and check if you can see the Server from the same PC. Please check and double check Server's IP address also. Please check also if 33000 TCP-port is open on the Server side.
Problem number 2 is that when I run the server, my 3DConnexion Space Navigator USB device shows up with "problem" when I try to share it.
Please advise as to what I should do. Thanks!
It means that some application occupies the device and does not want to release it No problems. Just unplug device and plug it again. Or just enable option "Share USB devices automatically".
Thanks for the quick reply! It turns out that all I needed was to re-start the server computer. My client computer (which I access through RDC) can now see my USB input device. These next 2 weeks will be exciting in trying out your program.