May 7th, 2024, 6:51pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: USB device is not shared correctly - Dongle  (Read 3488 times)
janetemclean
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
USB device is not shared correctly - Dongle
« on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi,

When I try to share my Abbyy Fine Reader Engine Dongle USB via USB over network I get the yellow warning icon and a Problem message, and am unable to access the device from my USB over Network client.

The strange thing is that I downloaded the trial version a few weeks back and although I got the same yellow warning icon I was able to access this dongle device from usb over network client at that time. Now it no longer seem to work (I have now purchased a license).

I can access other usb devices using usb over network with no problems, it's just this dongle that doesn't seem to work (at the moment). Any idea what the problem could be?  Huh  

Many thanks, Janet
IP Logged
janetemclean
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Re: USB device is not shared correctly - Dongle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 7:51pm »

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I got it working eventually  Grin by various combinations of plugging/unplugging the dongle usb and rebooting the server/client pcs. At some point the dongle appeared in the usb over network window without the warning icon, and also appeared in the usb over client screen - I'm not entirely sure which combination of unplugging and rebooting did the trick!  

Not sure why it didn't work immediately though, like the other USBs did. Any idea why, in case I have the problem again? Thanks!
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 4:19am »

Hi Janet,
Thanks for your request.
Actually, warning icon means that the dongle is occupied by some program (or may be system process) and that program "doesn't want" to release the device  Grin

How to resolve:
1) Share device, unplug it and plug again

2) Alternative way: configure "Share USB devices automatically" option on the Server Side. As result all USB devices (except the devices in "exclude list").

Thanks!
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
janetemclean
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 3:33pm »

Many thanks Andrew. That makes sense as we had a service running in the background which must have been hanging on to the USB dongle. Once I unplugged / replugged the USB it was then freed up.

cheers, Janet
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.