Apr 25th, 2024, 7:09pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: sound over rdp linux client - eeks!  (Read 4678 times)
mwooldri
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
sound over rdp linux client - eeks!
« on: Apr 20th, 2013, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello,  

I'm not that good with my linux skills.  I have downloaded the .tar.gz file and i have extracted it but I cannot seem to make it want to work!  The bin looks like a script that passes extra commands to rdesktop but I don't know how and where to meld them into my system.  I'm running an ubuntu variant.  Is there a nice .deb version I may download and use?  

There is a 2.6 .deb out there, but when I try to use that I do get connected in but the server computer (Windows xp pro) states that there is an incompatiability and there will be no remote sound.  

rdesktop does work fine in connecting to the xp station with one-way sound when  the sound-over-rdp server is not installed.  

Any help please?  Thanks, Mark
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: sound over rdp linux client - eeks!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22nd, 2013, 7:24am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Greetings,  

1. Version 2.9.3 (Windows, Server) is compatible only with version 2.8.1(Linux, Workstation). Uninstall version 2.6.

2. Did you found "/usr/share/doc/sndrdp/README.txt" file in the archive? It contains all the basics information about our product. All you need to run our product is extract the files to any folder on you hard drive (for example to /opt) and to run the "sudo /path/to/sndrdp X.X.X.X" (X* -ip-address) command.

Make sure that you have both parts installed and test our software. Send me the output if you encounter any difficulties.  

Unfortunately we don`t have a .deb package right now for this version.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.