Apr 25th, 2024, 8:11pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: sound in remote desktops  (Read 4658 times)
Corey
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
sound in remote desktops
« on: Sep 19th, 2011, 5:17am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hey, folks!
I need your help!
I'm facing one small but really annoying problem. Well, I work on my home computer that runs remote desktop (windows) and I have no input sound! I mean I can not use my microphone in there and chat with people from my messenger contact list. What can i do about this?
Will appreciate any smart tip, suggestion or anything!
Thank you
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
Re: sound in remote desktops
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19th, 2011, 7:36am »

Hello Corey,

Did you install both parts of Sound over RDP (server and workstation)? What OS do you have on the remote server and your local machine?
IP Logged
Corey
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19th, 2011, 11:49pm »

My home OS is Windows 7 and my remote desktop is on Windows 2008 (Server).  
unfortunately I'm not a technical person and I just want to make my microphone work while I'm in remote desktop. What exactly should I install and where?
IP Logged
George_White
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile         
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21st, 2011, 2:02am »

Hi Corey,

No problem, you don't actually have to be a techie to be able to achieve this Smiley

Let me explain the background for you. The problem is, most versions of Microsoft Windows do not actually give you the possibility to use two-way sound in a Remote Desktop session, i.e. input and output. What you can do by default is only listen to what happens on the remote server, but you don't have the possibility to use your local sound input device while working in the remote session. So that's where our Sound over RDP comes to rescue Smiley

It's pretty easy: all you have to do is simply install two parts of Sound over RDP, one on your local machine, and the other on the remote server. That's it. There's nothing you need to configure or set up, it doesn't have any graphical interface either. You simply log in to your remote server and now you can use your microphone.

Here's more information: http://www.sound-over-rdp.com/
And here's the download page - the free version is fully functional: http://www.sound-over-rdp.com/sound-over-rdp-download.html

Let me know if you have any questions or issues with it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.