Apr 26th, 2024, 6:46pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can't get Mic working  (Read 4330 times)
napless110
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Can't get Mic working
« on: Apr 16th, 2010, 2:45am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi

I'm trying to install SoudoverRDP on a win server 2008 VPS. The VPS seems to be Hyper-V(but I'm not sure)
I've installed the server software and the client on a Win7 32bit but after connecting to the server through RDP there is still nothing in the recording devices.

Is there anything I've missed? (The playback works using native RDP, I just want the mic.)
IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
Re: Can't get Mic working
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2010, 6:09am »

It's not clear where the workstation and the server parts of "Sound over RDP' are installed. It looks like Win7 is the virtual machine running on Hyper-V and it is supposed to act as the server. Please correct me if I'm missing something. Windows Server 2008 will act as the workstation in this case, right?  

Could you please describe the whole setup in detail. The more details the better.

Thanks in advance.
IP Logged
napless110
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17th, 2010, 3:32am »

Hi

Sorry for the confusion. The server(Which I'm connecting to) is win2008. It's a VPS.
Client(Which I'm connecting from) is win7 32bit.

I've installed both parts. I can see "FabulaTech Virtual Sound driver for Remote Desktop" in the device manager of server but when I run sound recorder it says there is no input device installed.

Thanks

IP Logged
Alex_Webster
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW   Email       
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2010, 12:57am »

Thanks for the additional details. Unfortunately the desired configuration is not supported. We are working now on windows 2008 support but this version is not ready. Please visit our web site for the news. Windows 2008 support will be added soon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.