Apr 19th, 2024, 10:25pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help is needed...  (Read 4469 times)
avshlomi
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Help is needed...
« on: Jun 7th, 2005, 6:17am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

The serial port splitter is not working well for me.
I am sharing like 7 ports, all emulated on a digi EL-160 port server. The problems that I encounter are:
1. Text sent to the port is turned into garbage when it reaches its target. It might be related to speed settings, but since the application does not allow to see/modify settings, there is nothing I can do about it.

2. Sometimes the shared ports apears as disabled in the applications menu. In this state they are not shared at all, and only 1 application can use it. I know this can happen when the port is used while I try to share, but that is 100% not the situation.  

I have to say that I am on a customer's site, trying to make it work as I was depending on it, but the situation looks lost...

Thanks anyway,
Shlomi

IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Help is needed...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 9th, 2005, 7:25am »

After live chat conversation with your college (Dudy) we have understood that our Serial Port Splitter worked correctly in your lab configuration but doesn't work now on the side of your customer. So if we will find difference between your lab configuration and customer side configuration we could find out where this problem is.
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
avshlomi
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
« Reply #2 on: Jun 9th, 2005, 11:51pm »

Hi.

My observation is that the serial-port splitter just cannot handle too many connections at the same time. All  I have here is 7 connections in speeds of 9600-19200. The lab has only 1 connection. I also improved the situation a little by switching from shared ports to splitted ones.

Thank you for your help so far, but the situation had forced us to go in an alternative way, and we cannot continue working with the software, certanelly not on the customer's site.

Shlomi
IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 12:51am »

Last question. Has your customer side computer hyperthreading option enaibled?
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.