Apr 20th, 2024, 5:52am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Programs won't work simuaneously  (Read 4408 times)
Bill
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile         
Programs won't work simuaneously
« on: Nov 5th, 2012, 10:52am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi,
I am using the trial version of serial port splitter (4.3.2).  It seems like the splitter is working.  I can see data for each virtual port using Hyper terminal, one at a time not at the same time (a limitation of hyperterminal.  My two programs see the data, one at a time, but when I run both at the same time one version runs intermittently, it does see it though.  The splitter has a provision where you can make a port "read only" and I have checked that for one of them.  It seems like there is not enough power to run both or one is stealing from the other.
I am using windows XP on a Dell with 1 gig memory and 1 gig processor.
Bill
IP Logged
Serge Frost
FabulaTech Forum Full Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Programs won't work simuaneously
« Reply #1 on: Nov 7th, 2012, 7:31am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hello,

Our program has minimal system requirements so I think we should look for the source of the issue somewhere else. What happens to the second port when both ports are opened and the first one works correctly?  

Also are you familiar with "PortMon" software? It is Microsoft Official Utility. I would like you to take the logs of your COM ports with the help of this application. It can be downloaded from the official website:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896644

Or from our FTP server:
ftp://castle.colonet.net/upload/support_tools/PortMon/

Please take the logs from all three ports (1 physical and 2 virtual) when they are in use by your application.

Send the logs and system information file (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information File -> Save) to my email: support@fabulatech(dot)com.  

Thank you very much!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.