Hi, I am using the trial version of serial port splitter (4.3.2). It seems like the splitter is working. I can see data for each virtual port using Hyper terminal, one at a time not at the same time (a limitation of hyperterminal. My two programs see the data, one at a time, but when I run both at the same time one version runs intermittently, it does see it though. The splitter has a provision where you can make a port "read only" and I have checked that for one of them. It seems like there is not enough power to run both or one is stealing from the other. I am using windows XP on a Dell with 1 gig memory and 1 gig processor. Bill
Our program has minimal system requirements so I think we should look for the source of the issue somewhere else. What happens to the second port when both ports are opened and the first one works correctly?
Also are you familiar with "PortMon" software? It is Microsoft Official Utility. I would like you to take the logs of your COM ports with the help of this application. It can be downloaded from the official website:
Or from our FTP server: ftp://castle.colonet.net/upload/support_tools/PortMon/
Please take the logs from all three ports (1 physical and 2 virtual) when they are in use by your application.
Send the logs and system information file (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information File -> Save) to my email: support@fabulatech(dot)com.