Apr 19th, 2024, 5:51am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print
   Author  Topic: Excess License error message  (Read 4798 times)
gbright
FabulaTech Forum Newbie

View Profile   WWW         
Excess License error message
« on: Jul 5th, 2008, 10:05am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

My application is sharing the comm port on a computer with two other application deriving information from the serial port of a ham radio transceiver.

After trying two hard drives (not much free space) on an P3-800 computer, it seems the comm ports were not functioning properly. The splitter program would run 2-3 hours and then begin to show errors. I de-installed the splitter program from the "old computer."

Secured another computer (P4-2.4) and installed splitter program. When I started the program, I immediately received error message, "excess licenses" and the program shut down...which is not accurate. The program is installed on ONE computer. This is worse than Microsoft EVER was. At least you could explain, hard drive crash, etc., and get a new license immediately.

I am very distressed over this error message being activated on a Saturday at the beginning of a ham radio contest.

If the program "reports" installation, then it ought to report, "de-installation!" This is using computer needless resources.

How do I fix this error? Do I need a new key? This kind of error ought not to happen in an expensive program.

What is the fix?

Grant

IP Logged
Andrew
FabulaTech Forum Moderator
FabulaTech Forum Senior Member

View Profile   WWW         
Re: Excess License error message
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2008, 1:24am »
Quote Quote  Modify Modify

Hi Grant,
We've contacted you by email some time ago and provided you with the new key to speed up the process.
I just would like to post some important information for all users: if you wish to move the license to another PC, you need to uninstall the program first and then REBOOT the computer. You need to reboot the computer to complete the uninstall process. Then feel free to install it on new PC.
In any case, if you got such message, just reboot both computers.
Thanks!
IP Logged

Andrew Scott

FabulaTech
===================
http://www.fabulatech.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply  Notify of replies Notify of replies  Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Online Talk to our
support team or
sales department.