hi i and many of my friends use hsf modems using conexant chips .The problem is that it uses virtual ports we cant use command line (from command prompt win9x or winnt) atdX commands in them we have to use hyperterminal instead plz help.
IP Logged
Andrew FabulaTech Forum Moderator
Moderator FabulaTech Forum Senior Member
Gender: Posts: 427
Re: virtual to real port mapping Reply #1 on: Mar 10th, 2005, 2:44am
thanks for prompt reply the problem really is that i want to run at commands from command prompt "dos box" which i cannot run I have to use hyperterminal or other instead. In the modemsspecification it is written that dos is not supported I have checked many forums but cant get the modem work.I have changed the com port to which the modem is connected by default by changing the irq address but all in vain. . aa reference can be found here http://www.modemsite.com/56k/dosspec.asp i found out after a lot of search that these modems are using virtual com ports plz help .Thanks in advance