FabulaTech Forum Newbie
Problems with Serial Port Control
« on: May 31st, 2006, 2:35pm »
I downloaded the V1.5.3
The WriteArray() method seems to work fine (Thank you)
However, I am having many other issues.
1. When I first started using the licensed control this morning, I was able to recover from crashes (caused by your serial port control) using task manager and "ending task".
2. Something changed, now when your control crashes, I get:
"This program can not be closed. If it is being debuged, please resume it or close the dubuger first"
When this happens, my only way out is Task Manager->Shutdown.
3. I need a ReadArray(ByteArray() as byte, BytesToRead, TimeOut) method !!!!!!!!!!
Is there some undocumented method that will provide similiar function using ByteArray?
4. Your Open() method hangs my system about 20% of the time that I call it. Do you have any idea why?
5 Your EnumeratePortName() method crashes unless it is preceded by GetPortsNumber(), this is not a problem, the help file simply does not warn of the requirement for success.
6. Is Version 1.5.3 the absolute newest version, if not, please send me the newest version (please include any known issues with the version your sending)
7. Do you have a list of known issues / bugs / caveats / qwerks / ... with V 1.5.3?
Im sorry about the long list!
I am using windows 2000, and Visual BASIC 5.0 Pro.